Infographic: Create a successful LinkedIn group in 10 simple steps
LinkedIn is an ideal place to connect with potential customers and business associates, and the best way to get to know them is through an engaging group.
You build communities of loyal fans on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram—but what about LinkedIn?
The professional network can do a lot more than just tell you who has been looking at your profile. It can help establish your company as a thought leader, and attract potential customers or business associates to your brand.
The best way to do this is through a group.
An infographic from Top Dog Social Media explains how you can set up a thriving and engaging LinkedIn group in just 10 steps. Here are a few of them:
1. Choose the right name. Select a name that's simple, broad and includes keywords that will attract your target audience.
2. Create a custom logo. A professional logo adds credibility to your group and will make it more attractive to potential members.
3. Optimize the group's summary. This short description will appear in search results, so make it enticing. Also include a few keywords.
4. Decide whether you want to approve new members. You can allow members to join instantly, or only after you screen them. Screening can help you ensure your group only includes those who are serious about connecting.
5. Set posting permissions. Determine whether group members can post freely or need approval from you.
6. Create a welcome message. Welcome newcomers with a warm, pre-written message.
[RELATED: Join Ragan and Mayo Clinic at the 5th health care social media summit.]
Look at the full graphic to see all of the steps:
(View a larger image.
Popularity: This record has been viewed 4702 times.
Ragan.com moderates comments and reserves the right to remove posts that are abusive or otherwise inappropriate.