Infographic: 5 tips to create a strong social media presence
If you want to build a strong brand online, sharpen your content, give fans what they want, and keep a content calendar that can roll with the punches.
There is a science behind building a brand online. If done right, it will flow naturally. If not, it will feel like you are putting a lot of effort into
something that's not producing scalable results.
Let's simplify what could be a complicated topic.
1. Focus your content. Find your niche.
We live in a world where purpose matters.
2. Create consistent themes.
If people like what they see, they'll come back for more.
3. Give your content a branded look.
If people share your image by uploading it to Facebook or another social media site, make sure you own it.
4. Have a flexible content calendar.
Follow the two-stream content method:
1. One stream of content is planned.
2. The second stream of content is based on listening in real-time to what's going on in your niche and around the Web.
5. Post what the audience likes-and wants to share.
Pay attention to what works. Really listen and observe; the devil is in the details. For the Social@Ogilvy and Ogilvy & Mather Facebook pages, likes drive the "talking about this" number and shares
drive page growth.
Adam Kornblum is currently the community director for Social@Ogilvy and Ogilvy & Mather.
A version of this article originally appeared on
Business 2 Community.
Popularity: This record has been viewed 12073 times.
Ragan.com moderates comments and reserves the right to remove posts that are abusive or otherwise inappropriate.