Facebook is, of course, one of the most popular social media sites out there. And with its importance to communication growing larger, Facebook applications are making the leap as well.
But how do you know which to choose, given that there are thousands of them? Blogger Kyle Lacy suggests 10 apps that are worth your while. Here’s a few from his list:
1. Feedburner. An app that’ll display anything posted to your RSS feed to your profile. “This can be an amazingly powerful way to reach people, and to get your content in front of a much wider range of eyeballs,” Lacy wrote.
2. Magnolia. Increase the odds of getting your links seen with this app. It posts to your profile any site you bookmark through Facebook. “Now your links will be made available to the millions of Facebook users who have the facility to download this application.”
3. My Box. This handy app lets you share files with people in your network. “In other words if you have a word file, or photo you want to make available for your friends to download they no longer have to sign up at a separate file sharing site,” Lacy wrote.
4. The Lending Club. This application extends the peer-to-peer lending site to Facebook, where users can lend and borrow money.
5. Jobster. With this app, you can search for a job while chatting with your friends.