Instagram is a platform for sharing quirky moments and inspirational experiences.
With 300 million users every month, it’s also a place for businesses to develop and post engaging content, monitor posts and campaigns, and analyze their engagement with an expanding audience.
Here is a list of tools to help businesses establish, manage and broaden their presence on Instagram. There are tools to create and schedule posts, manage relationships, run promotions, display content and analyze engagements. Several are free:
1. ScheduGram is a tool to manage Instagram accounts. Upload and schedule multiple images to post later to multiple accounts. Let multiple users log in to your ScheduGram account, schedule posts for your accounts and see who has scheduled what. ScheduGram provides direct integration with Canva for designing images. Price: Starts at $5 per week.
2. Tagboard is a tool to experience content from social networks. Each tagboard is a collection of social media posts that share a common hashtag. Tagboards can be embedded on websites, integrated into mobile apps and shown on displays. Viewers can favorite, retweet, reply, comment and “like”—right from their own tagboards. Price: Basic is free. Contact for pricing.
3. Iconosquare is a tool to manage and promote your Instagram account. Manage your community, and analyze activity and follower growth. Promote your account across other social networks with feed tabs or photo widgets. Engage your community with photo contests. Set up, promote, moderate, monitor and publish results of an Instagram contest all within Iconosquare. Price: Contact for pricing.
4. Crowdfire is a tool to manage your relationships on Instagram and Twitter. Find inactive users and unfollowers, and locate relevant users to follow. Keep track of how your social media updates affect your follower/unfollowers states. Check the relationship between any two Twitter/Instagram accounts. Price: Free.
5. TakeOff is an app from Crowdfire to schedule Instagram posts. Automatically schedule posts for times when they’ll be seen by most of your followers. TakeOff analyzes your captions to suggest relevant, high-discovery hashtags. Add clients or team members who help you review or create content for Instagram. Price: Free.
6. INK361 is an app to manage your Instagram account. Create albums, discover new contacts, sort those people you follow into Circles, and set up alerts for new posts. Get a clear overview of your Instagram stats to keep track of your social impact over time. Embed an Instagram Gallery on your website or blog. Using the INK361 Facebook Instagram App, view your Instagram images on Facebook, or share them on your Facebook page. Price: Free.
7. Repost is an app to repost photos and videos on Instagram, while giving the credit to the original poster. Pro upgrade lets you manage multiple Instagram accounts. Price: Free. Pro is $4.99.
8. Piqora is a visual marketing platform for Instagram and Pinterest. Piqora provides recommendations for images to publish and enables your entire team to collaborate on a calendar. Launch a promotion, and track the results. Put the best user-generated content from Instagram on your website as a branded gallery. Price: Contact for pricing.
9. Tapshop from Piqora helps to get your Instagram fans shopping. Your audience will find a custom page of products they’ve “liked” and get an email with links directly to your product pages, as you collect email addresses. Measure the “likes,” clicks, orders and revenue generated by your Tapshop page from within your Piqora Publishing Dashboard. Price: Contact for pricing.
10. Offerpop helps you run interactive promotions and publish user-generated content. Create sweepstakes and sampling programs. Reward loyal customers with exclusive offers and content. Track performance and export data to email and CRM systems. Display branded content, offers and ads within user-generated-content feeds to create shop-able content galleries. Price: Contact for pricing.
11. Collec.to is a platform to manage your Instagram presence. Organize images into albums, get stats on your account, use the enhanced browsing feature and syndicate your content with RSS feeds. For brands, it offers tools to run effective contests and get accurate statistics. Price: Basic is free, with varying costs for expanded features.
12. SnapWidget enables you to embed a photo gallery in a website or blog with ease. Display an Instagram photo gallery for a specific username or a hashtag on your blog or website. Price: Free.
13. Instagram for Business is one of the best places for business marketers and communicators to find tools to expand their brands. Visit the Instagram for Business blog for tips, brand spotlights, API examples and news from Instagram HG. Instagram is rolling out a new suite of business tools, including account insights, ad insights and ad staging. Price: Free.
For a list of tools for selling on Instagram, read “7 Tools to Sell Products on Instagram.”
A version of this article originally appeared on Practical Ecommerce.