If you think about it, it’s pretty easy to spot a PR pro. If you’re ever in doubt, here are 13 surefire ways to tell whether someone works in public relations.
1. They have more reporters’ and clients’ numbers in their phone than numbers of friends.
2. They have a wad of newspapers and magazines ranging from Rod & Reel to the Financial Times poking out of their work bag.
3. They have a signature on every email and device so they can be easily reached at any moment’s notice, and their biggest pet peeve is when someone else doesn’t.
4. They suffer from “holiday panic” in July.
5. They work investment banker hours but can only afford to shop at Target and Loehmann’s.
6. They plan their lives in .25 increments.
7. They have more conversations with friends and family through social media than by phone or in person.