Our conference, “Communicating your company story—inside and out” is well underway in the sunny Texas state. If you couldn’t attend or are stuck at the office and too busy to check out the hashtag, #raganswa, here are 15 tweetable tips. Sessions from Southwest Airlines, Cisco and NASA offered the following takeaways.
1. @MsKist: Happy employees=Happy customers=Happy stakeholders. – Ginger Hardage, SVP, Culture & Communication
2. @MarkRaganCEO: It’s OK for employees to challenge leaders n decisions at @southwestair, says SVP Ginger Hardage
3. @GPTW_US: Kelly, “from a leadership perspective, the primary function of communicating is listening.”
4. @shelholtz: The leadership of a company needs to be intimately involved in communicating, says SWA CEO Gary Kelly.
5. @SamHosenkamp: Put people first: Southwest puts employees first, because happy employees equal happy customers!