2. Leverage. The “Do you want fries with that?” of corporate-speak.
3. Target audience. This must be the sharpshooter’s approach to broadcasting messages at a coveted group of people who get caught in the crosshairs.
4. ROI. A highly overused term intended to impress clients by suggesting knowledge about strategic measurement instead of saying, “Here’s how much money you made.”
5. C-level or C-suite. Does using the letter C instead of A make senior execs seem like one of the regular “peeps”?
6. Automated Twitter messages that say, “Thanks for the follow!” Golly, gee—you betcha!
7. Talking head videos. I might watch your mouth move and hear some words, but I’m really paying attention to what’s behind you, how messy your desk is, or how tinny and hollow your voice sounds.
8. Must read. Stop the presses.
9. “Let’s have lunch some time.” a.k.a. “Don’t call us, we’ll call you.”