So I tapped some of my brilliant colleagues for help coming up with these signs that you work in social media:
1. You go out for drinks with your co-workers and spend the first 10 minutes looking at your phone to check how your brands’ posts are faring.
2. You’ve sent an all-company email asking everyone to follow or “like” your client.
3. You find yourself excited when one of the “stars” of “Sixteen and Pregnant” retweets your content to her legions of followers.
4. You find yourself saying things like, “I spend all day on Facebook, but I can’t remember the last time I checked my personal account.”
5. You get really annoyed when people use hashtags on Facebook.
6. You get really annoyed when people don’t know what “hashtag” means.
7. You feel for Oreo’s page manager right now.
8. You “like” about 500 Facebook pages of brands you would never use or associate with.
9. Made-up words like “shareable” are part of your daily vocabulary.
10. You were elated when Facebook launched its Pages app, allowing you to manage your brands’ pages from anywhere.