It’s safe to say that there’s a lot on a communicator’s plate these days. Too much to do and not enough time to get it all done.
That’s why it’s more important than ever to evaluate if your current tools and technology are working for you, or if a change is needed. Here are five vendors that can improve efficiency and results.
1. ContactMonkey. Unsure if your employees are engaging with the content you send them? This product allows you to easily create email newsletter templates, track engagement through direct employee feedback and provide analytics such as read time to show improved employee engagement after every email, update or newsletter.
2. Malone Media. Virtual events have only grown in importance and delivering an enjoyable experience for your internal and external audience is critical. Malone Media creates a one-of-a-kind experience that will impress your audience. It provides live streams to an audience of any size, tracking features, virtual networking and two-way interaction via live chats, polls and moderated Q&A sessions.
3. PoliteMail. Studies show email remains the most essential channel for internal communications. PoliteMail provides tools to help you measure and improve your Outlook email broadcasts to employees. By adding email analytics, responsive design and list management tools into Outlook, it helps communications teams increase employee email engagement. Check out its annual benchmark report to identify insightful tactics to better reach your workforce.
4. Yammer. Employee engagement has never been more critical with a large portion of the workforce working from home. Microsoft’s Yammer helps you improve engagement by building a culture of transparency, keeping everyone from leadership to frontline workers informed, aligned and moving forward.
5. SaneBox. Email overload is a challenge for many. This tool will helps keep inboxes organized by using personalized algorithms to quickly learn your employee’s email habits and show them their most important messages first while filtering out the noise. It works wherever they check email, on all clients and devices.