I just sat through an incredibly painful review of a branding document 18 months in the making. As the team made its presentation, the faces of the review board went from enthusiastic to concerned to horrified. Here’s what they said:
1. It looks like management didn’t communicate some important points to your team.
2. You may be a little too close to the project.
3. We need an outside perspective.
4. I was envisioning something more along the lines of competitor x.
5. I don’t think this will get us the results we’re looking for.
6. We’re not quite there yet.