Infographic: The most recent—and important—social media updates
The social media industry is constantly changing, and this infographic provides proof. Take a look at how far the major online networks have come in just one year.
Do you remember when social media was new?
When college students were the only people who could create Facebook
accounts and Twitter wasn't full of trolls?
Social media has come a long way, and now it feels like there are too many
social networks to count.
The industry underwent significant changes in just the past year. An infographic by The Website Group
chronicles all of the major milestones of the most popular social networks
from the beginning of 2016 to now. Some you'll remember—and others you
might be hearing about for the first time. Here are a few:
- January 2016: Instagram increases video ads to 60 seconds.
- February 2016: Twitter allows videos in direct messages.
- April 2016: Pinterest expands to the United Kingdom.
- June 2016: Instagram implements an algorithm-based newsfeed.
- August 2016: Snapchat airs its first Snapchat Discover show.
- November 2016: Facebook introduces a job listings feature.
- February 2017: LinkedIn announces new engagement insights.
Have you adjusted your social media marketing in light of any of these
milestones? Please share in the comments.
[RELATED: The 2017 Social Media Conference for PR, Marketing and Corporate Communicators at Disney World]
Check out the full infographic:
(View a larger image.