On 450 acres in Wisconsin, an organic farm grows foods to be used in nutritional supplements.
The Standard Process farm follows founder Dr. Royal Lee’s contention that “the best sources of vitamins and minerals are found in whole foods.”
Standard Process’ diligent efforts toward that end—and toward educating others about the rigors and enduring benefits of 100 percent organic farming—have garnered it PR Daily’s 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility Award for Best Sustainability/Green Initiative.
Standard Process cites the following statistics:
- The organic certification agency Midwest Organic Services Association has certified the Standard Process Farm 100 percent organic for more than a decade.
- The company owns more than 180 pieces of planting, cultivating, and harvesting equipment, ensuring absolute organic integrity because the equipment is always within the company’s control and dedicated 100 percent to organic production.
- In 2013, through the incorporation of the secondary extraction process, Standard Process has nearly doubled the crop yield on applicable crops, which directly translates into half as much fuel and labor used for field preparation, planting, cultivating, and harvesting of crops processed through the secondary extraction process.
- Standard Process has kept 700,000 pounds of compost created from production byproduct out of landfills because it was incorporated into the company’s soil fertility program in 2012, adding valuable organic matter and nutrients back on the fields.
- More than 100,000 plants get their start in the company’s greenhouses, which feature a unique water recycling system.
- The company’s 2012 Fundamentals seminar series attracted 875 Standard Process customers and guests who learned about organic farming by attending.
- Since opening in October 2013, more than 200 Standard Process customers and guests have toured the new farmhouse and organic farming exhibits.
We applaud Standard Process for its good works and on its achievement in this year’s competition.
Want to get recognized for your hard work? Find out about Ragan and PR Daily’s award programs here: http://www.prdaily.com/Main/RaganAwardsPrograms.aspx
Visit Ragan.com/Awards to learn more about awards opportunities.