Even as a pandemic rages, climate change remains an existential threat to planet Earth.
Mars (parent of well-known food brands such as Snickers and Uncle Ben’s) teamed with Weber Shandwick to launch the #PledgeForPlanet campaign to raise awareness of climate change, especially among younger consumers.
Campaign team members enlisted social media influencers, as well as artist Steven Harrington, who went to New York City’s Bryant Park to create a large, striking artwork depicting coral reefs, renewable electricity and education.
The campaign met its lofty engagement goals:
- There were 890 million total impressions, 360% of the goal.
- It saw 5.2 million engagements across owned and partner content.
- It published 68 Instagram stories posts spanning owned, media, celebrity and influencer partner channels.
- Coverage had 100% positive sentiment.
- Media highlights included the print edition of The Wall Street Journal, Financial Time’s, Cheddar, CNN Climate and marketing and sustainability trade titles.