Visual content can be the most compelling lure to hook your audience, but you can’t throw just anything into the water and expect people to bite.
MarketingProfs published an infographic by FramesDirect that can help you reel in more views, shares and engagement. The piece offers a boatload of guidance for crafting livelier, more irresistible visual content, which can help you land a prize customer catch.
- Articles with an image every 75–100 words get twice as many shares as those with fewer images.
- Put the most important information in the first two paragraphs.
- Use subheads and bullet points.
- Highlight important words.
- Supplement text with informative images.
The proliferation of video, infographics, augmented reality, virtual reality and eye-tracking technology may change the way we present, post and package content, but storytelling and formatting still prevail. Shiny lures need substance and smart design to be effective.
Thankfully, you don’t have to circumnavigate the globe or brave the briny deep to find your best customers; you probably just need better, more interesting bait. To keep your visual content from sinking into Davy Jones’ Locker in 2018, look at the rest of the infographic below.