He’s smartly dressed, always early, and has a fancy corner office. He looks put together, but you know the truth: Your boss is a psychopath.
You just haven’t been able to prove it—until now.
In this infographic, LearnStuff.com lists all the facts you need to get him or her admitted. For example, here are the traits of a psychopathic boss:
- Manipulative, yet charming.
- Lacks empathy and remorse.
- Expert at masking his or her true self.
You knew it. Your boss qualifies! But before you call up the authorities, consider these stats:
- Your boss is four times more likely to be a psychopath than the average person.
- Thirty percent of workers would have their boss seen by a psychologist.
- More than 2 million people leave their jobs every year; one out of six quit because of their bosses.
Something has to be done. Having a bad boss can increase your chance of heart disease by 25 percent, which makes reporting to him as bad for your heart as passive smoking. Not to mention, a stressed worker—like someone suffering under a mad man—weighs, on average, 10 pounds more than a relaxed peer.
It’s time to take action. Look at the graphic for more:
This article originally appeared on Ragan.com in Dec. 2012.