How to maintain your company culture and retain talent with strategic and adaptable communication plans.
As many organizations have shifted to varied workplace models, there is increasing demand for new levels of agility and flexibility to maintain employee relationships and company culture.
Leaders are turning to their communicators for guidance and support as they navigate the new normal for the long term. How will you lead the communications charge? Join Ragan Consulting Group’s Julie Baron as she delivers strategies and tactics to improve employee connections, retain top talent and gather measurable results around your communication efforts.
Be prepared to participate during this hands-on, interactive virtual workshop that will help you:
- Expand your growing influence across the organization.
- Understand the difference between flexible and rigid planning.
- Grow your change knowledge base to better serve leaders, managers and employees.
- Ensure your communication strategy is always tightly connected to the business strategy to drive results that matter.
- Choose tactics that are consistent with research findings, business needs and an in-depth understanding of the audience.
MEET THE TRAINER
Julie Baron is an affiliate consultant with Ragan Consulting Group who has a proven track record of improving financial and operating results through communication. With 30 years of experience, she is a resourceful communication strategist with demonstrated ability to work internally within the organization, as well as externally within the community. Her functional expertise includes employee and leadership communications, change communications, training and public/media relations.
Adding Definition to Our Work
As communicators, we are judged by our words. Accurate definitions are key to the words and terms we use every day. In this session, we will define terms often misused or misunderstood, including:
- Strategic vs. tactical communication
- Flexible vs. rigid planning
- Change management vs. change communication
- Change models (Kubler-Ross Change Curve, Kotter’s 8 Step Process, ADKAR by Prosci)
Responding to Leadership Needs with Strategy & Flexibility
Change is inevitable, thus the need for living, flexible and agile communications planning and strategies that are change responsive. In this session, we will cover:
- The strategic communication planning process
- Understanding and keeping a pulse on business goals
- Set realistic and measurable communication objectives
- Test, listen, measure, modify, learn and improve
- Leverage opportunities brought about via change
Understand your audience and target your messages
Delivering the right message to the right audience is crucial for communications pros. This session recognizes the importance of segmentation and strategically targeting the right groups.
- Discuss what data is crucial to collect about your audiences
- Introduce common (and not so common) ways to segment
- Recognize the importance of targeted, thoughtful key messages
- Write with more clarity and impact
Carrying out strategy via tactics and measurement
Data must be part of your overall communications planning process. This session will focus on the latest tactics and measurement tools you must have to ensure employees are engaging with messaging. You will:
- Discover the latest channels and tactics being used for internal comms programs
- Discuss the keys to successful focus groups, interviews and surveys
- Bring your data to life and present it in a clear, coherent manner
- Use analytics to learn what’s working and what’s not working in messaging and how to further engage employees
Tips & Tactics for Successful Change Communication
Employee apathy is real, and communications pros are tasked with turning that skepticism around and deepening employee engagement. This session will offer easy to implement tips and tactics for your change communication throughout the organization, including:
- What’s okay and not okay to say; writing tips
- Tools to help managers better communicate change
- Tactics that involve more employees
Show up ready to participate!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
If you work in:
Internal communications • Employee engagement • Corporate communications • HR communications • Intranets • Culture
|Early Bird Rates
|Ragan Insider Registration||$400||$475|
Phone registrations and group pricing: For group orders please contact our customer service team at 800-878-5331 or firstname.lastname@example.org