Get the up-to-date knowledge you need to write with credibility and clarity
Every reputable news story has one thing in common: AP style. Being familiar with the rules is critical to establishing credibility with audiences and showing leaders you're a talented writer. Keeping up with frequent updates and additions can be challenging—but Grammar Girl is here to help.
Whether you're working on a pitch, research paper, business agreement, or story, don't let embarrassing writing mistakes block your path to success. Get the most up-to-date guidance and build the skills you need to write like a pro during Ragan's Grammar Girl's Beginning and Intermediate Guide to AP Style Webinar.
Here are a few things you'll learn:
- The latest updates and additions to the AP Stylebook.
- Guidelines for adding numbers to your headlines and body copy.
- Recommendations for pronoun usage.
- Exceptions to tricky grammar rules.
- When to use the proper punctuation marks.
- Key differences between AP style and other styles.
- How to write abbreviations.
- How to write unusual company and product names.
- When to capitalize nicknames of cities, regions, and people.
WHO SHOULD WATCH THIS WEBINAR?
You should view this webinar if you spend at least a quarter of your time in any of these areas:
Brand journalism • Content marketing • Crisis communications • Executive communication • Public relations • Social media • Storytelling • Writing and editing• Marketing • Community relations