Get the up-to-date knowledge you need to write with credibility and clarity
Every reputable news story has one thing in common: AP style. Being familiar with the rules is critical to establishing credibility with audiences and showing leaders you're a talented writer. Keeping up with frequent updates and additions can be challenging—but Grammar Girl is here to help.
Whether you're working on a pitch, research paper, business agreement, or story, don't let embarrassing writing mistakes block your path to success. Get the most up-to-date guidance and build the skills you need to write like a pro on Feb. 17 during Ragan's Grammar Girl's Beginning and Intermediate Guide to AP Style Webinar.
Here are a few things you'll learn:
- The latest updates and additions to the AP Stylebook.
- Guidelines for adding numbers to your headlines and body copy.
- Recommendations for pronoun usage.
- Exceptions to tricky grammar rules.
- When to use the proper punctuation marks.
- Key differences between AP style and other styles.
- How to write abbreviations.
- How to write unusual company and product names.
- When to capitalize nicknames of cities, regions, and people.
You'll even receive all the presentation slides and handouts, access to the on-demand recording of the webinar, and the chance to ask your pressing grammar and writing questions.
|Ragan Insider Registration||$249|
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
You should attend if you spend at least a quarter of your time in any of these areas:
Brand journalism • Content marketing • Crisis communications • Executive communication • Public relations • Social media • Storytelling • Writing and editing• Marketing • Community relations
CService@Ragan.com or by calling 800-878-5331.
How do I access the webinar?
- The access link will be sent to the email used to register for the event, the day of the event.
- If you order by phone, the registration link will be sent via email from your customer service representative.
What should I do if I haven't received an order confirmation or registration link yet?
- The access link will be sent to the email used when signing up for the event, the day of the event.
- Check your SPAM or Junk mail folder, occasionally the email can be mistaken as SPAM.
- Make sure you are checking the email account you provided during registration.
- Contact Ragan customer service at 800.878.5331 or email@example.com.
When should I log in?
- When you click the access link to join the event, you will be placed in a virtual waiting room. The moderator of the event will start promptly on time and every registrant that is in the virtual waiting room will be automatically ushered into the event
What if I can't make the scheduled date and time?
- Fees are non-refundable. Substitutions will be accepted up to 7 days prior to the event for another virtual event of equal value.
When will I get my on-demand recording of the webinar?
- Access to the on-demand recording will be sent 3-5 business days after the event date and will be available for 12 months after the event date.
Who will bill me?
- Lawrence Ragan Communications, Inc.