The need to build community within the workplace is more important now than ever before, especially as many continue to work remotely during COVID-19 and amid social unrest and other crises. However, it's tough to build effective virtual collectives that engage and support your employees.
As a communicator, you're used to bringing people together, sharing content, building camaraderie and getting to know each other. With physical gatherings unlikely to occur in the near future, how do we pivot to running engaging internal events in virtual environments?
Join us for this interactive, information-packed and collaborative 90-minute digital course for a peek behind the scenes at how Facebook turned its annual employee event virtual in just three weeks, along with lessons learned and the secrets to running virtual events that can entice your employees to engage and keep interest high after the event. You'll also learn how to prepare backup plans and anticipate common live event obstacles.
This digital classroom is designed for internal communicators at organizations with at least 500 employees with a dispersed workforce.
- How Facebook adjusted a global internal employee event to successfully run it virtually
- Event best practices and what to avoid to keep your employees engaged
- Ways to sustain your internal event's momentum after the closing session
- How to use Workplace's features to prepare for your next virtual employee event and increase overall engagement
- Access to speaker presentations
- Get to Know Your Execs Campaign Kit
- Live Townhall Toolkit
- And more!
Thursday, Oct. 29
Welcome & How to Get Involved
As we welcome you to our digital classroom, we'll give you an overview of the agenda and how you can get involved with interactive polls, our virtual chat and Q&A.
Shouldering Virtual Hosting Responsibilities
Being the host of a large event is a crucial role. You're responsible to set the stage and create a positive, interactive atmosphere where two-way communication thrives. However, things can go wrong that will quickly threaten to derail your efforts. Leah Truitt, Client Success Manager at Workplace from Facebook, will share what it takes to virtually host an event, along with ideas for contingency plans.
- The importance of preparing for virtual hosting duties
- Considerations to ask your team ahead of time
- Ideas for backup plans and ways to overcome issues with technology and beyond
How to Run an Internal Virtual Event
Every year, Facebook employees from more than 55 offices around the world make the trek to San Francisco for the Facebook 1World Summit, an annual, internal conference for Facebook’s sales and marketing teams. This year, the team was tasked to turn the massive gathering into a virtual event in just three weeks. In this session with Nicole Vendetti, Event Marketer, Global Event Programs Team at Facebook, and Keith Baker, Thought Leadership Lead, Global Industry Marketing Team at Facebook, you'll get a peek behind the scenes and learn how the task was accomplished using innovative strategies and best practices, along with lessons learned that you can apply to your next function.
- Crucial elements to ensure strong employee engagement during virtual events
- What to avoid when creating and running virtual events
- Ways to keep interaction high before, during and after your event
Demo: Create a Rockstar Event with Workplace
Organizations around the world, including AstraZeneca, WW, Sam's Club, Decathlon, Memorial Health System, World Wildlife Federation and more, use Workplace to better connect and engage remote and dispersed workforces, highlight company culture and attract as well as retain top talent. In this interactive demo, Jesse Evans, Customer Education Manager for Workplace from Facebook, will show you the features of Workplace and ways you can harness them to power your next internal event.
- How using Groups can effectively banish long and confusing email threads
- Ways to boost your messages with Live Video Broadcasting
- Tips for creating a Knowledge Library with policies, announcements and more
- How to expand your content's reach with employees' News Feeds
Virtual Panel: Q&A and Key Takeaways
Get answers to your top questions and challenges about virtual events for your employees. We'll close our digital classroom by taking attendee questions and discussing top takeaways that you can implement right away.
A free virtual class in partnership with
Top 5 reasons to attend this digital classroom
- You’ll listen to and interact with Facebook communication experts.
- You’ll receive all presentations and handouts.
- You’ll get access to an on-demand recording of the event for six months.
- You’re guaranteed extensive, how-to instruction you can use immediately.
- You can attend this immersive course without having to leave your desk.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
You should attend this can’t miss event if you spend any time in the following areas:
Internal Communications • Employee Engagement • Executive Communications • Corporate Communications • Events