Tell the stories that engage your key stakeholders with your brand.
Look at the organizations you admire, and you'll see they have something important in common.
They tell stories. They make their own news and influence others. They've established themselves as brand journalists.
In less than a decade, brand journalism has become a must for any organization trying to tell its story in an overrun information marketplace.
Join us for a one-of-a-kind workshop that will show you how to create, execute and sustain a storytelling-focused brand journalism program in your organization. The Brand Journalism Workshop, led by 30-year veteran Jim Ylisela, is the one workshop you need to become the storytelling expert for your brand.
You'll learn how to:
- Turn your organization into a prominent newsmaker that delivers timely, captivating stories through multiple channels
- Make great storytelling a priority in every part of your organization
- Build engagement with customers, consumers and employees by meeting them where they live
- Transform your department into an integrated, efficient news operation that includes PR, social media, internal communications and marketing
- Position your leaders as trusted commentators and influencers in your industry
You'll leave the workshop with these templates and takeaways:
- Your business case for brand journalism
- A new model for your communications newsroom
- A list of helpful ideas for brand journalism stories
- A plan to measure the impact—and influence—of your brand journalism content
Space is limited at this workshop and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
We expect to sell out, so join industry peers who are in the same boat as you. Get out of the office, and come back to it with an amazing brand journalism plan. Secure your spot today!
For questions, please contact customer service at CService@Ragan.com or by calling 800-878-5331.
Jim Ylisela is co-owner and managing partner at Ragan Consulting Group. After 30 years in news and journalism education, Jim Ylisela has been working with top companies across multiple industries to help them run newsrooms aimed at creating outstanding content. The result is a higher grade of content, in multiple formats and across many different channels. The results have been nothing short of spectacular:
- Advocate Healthcare's site, health enews has 300,000-plus subscribers to its daily news feed.
- Stories in Blue Sky, the news hub for Pittsburgh International Airport, are getting picked up by local and national media outlets, as well as trade publications and websites.
- Omaha Public Power's The Wire delivers real-time news and updates on storms and outages, as well as news and features.
- Coverage, the news service of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, explains health care and identifies trends by listening to a network of 2.8 million members.
- Denver Water's Tap has become the go-to source for stories about water shortages, droughts, climate change and other top-of-mind topics in the semi-arid West.
- Folio, the University of Alberta's platform, is breaking news daily with stories coming from its research faculty.
Questions? Write to Jim directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ragan Customer Service at 800-878-5331.
Registration and networking breakfast
The brand journalism fundamentals
What is brand journalism? What does it look like? Is it the same as content marketing? We'll lay out the key elements that differentiate brand journalism from other approaches. Learn how to adopt a "newsroom mentality" when you:
- Focus on the audience
- Be your own publisher and own the story
- Deliver direct to your audience; pitch the story, not the story pitch
What's your business case for brand journalism?
Win approval from your leaders and colleagues by presenting how your content can be a business asset that results in improved productivity, employee engagement, greater influence, stronger reputation, customer satisfaction and more.
Exercise: Draft your business case.
Building your measurement strategy
Identify what you'll measure, which tools you'll use and how you'll demonstrate impact and influence to make your content a business asset.
Exercise: Map your measurement plan.
How to turn your communications department into a newsroom
Create a vision of your new editorial structure—complete with beat reporters, editors, news meetings and daily deadlines.
- Break down silos and define roles of PR, social, internal communications and marketing.
- Create, run and manage the news desk.
- Build your news platform.
- Build your delivery system: news feed, dedicated social channels, story pitching.
The facets of great brand journalism stories
Discuss various formats and ideas for timely, relevant content, including breaking news, data, trends, access, commentary and news of the weird.
Exercise: Story brainstorm
Top takeaways and your next steps to brand journalism success
Jackson Health System
Diagnostic Treatment Center
1080 NW 19th Street
DTC/259 – Second floor
Miami, FL 33127
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
If you work in:
Public relations • Media relations • Marketing • Internal communications • Corporate communications • Website content production • Executive communications
Join us as an event sponsor and meet your target audience, showcase your products, present thought leadership, generate leads and boost your brand.
Here are a few opportunities we offer:
- Exhibitor booths
- Speaking sessions on the main agenda
- 10-minute lightning talks
- Networking cocktail receptions
- Bonus breakfast or lunch sessions
- Small group dine-arounds
- Track sponsor and emcee
- Title badge sponsorship
- Ragan and PR Daily award sponsorship
For more information on opportunities available at this specific event, reach out to email@example.com.