Secrets of Authentic Writing, Images and Video in the Age of Purpose
Writing • Content Strategy • Visual Storytelling • Media Relations
Executive Communications • Internal Communications
Smart communicators must find new ways to be heard at a time when the pandemic, divisive politics and uncertainty dominate people's lives. Authentic, purpose-driven content can help you cut through the clutter, counter anxiety and build bridges with your audiences.
Join this workshop with Colleen Newvine (AP Style Guide), Joanne Callahan (Con Edison), Nikki Hopewell (Rush University System for Health), Bob Hitchcock (formerly, The Walt Disney Co.), and Benton Crane (Harmon Bros.) to create more compelling, trustworthy and even beloved content that speaks from—and to—the heart.
- New Expectations: How and why Americans expect companies to speak up now
- Writing like a Journalist: How to write clear, credible copy for external audiences
- Anti-Corporate Speak: How to practice more honest, trustworthy employee communications by writing, speaking and acting with passion and purpose
- Inclusive Language: Phrases and terms to add to your company's lexicon
- Visual Storytelling: How to add authentic images and video to your content strategy
- Levity in Tough Times: Why people laugh during a crisis—and how to strike a balance of humor, uplifting and informative content at a time when it's needed most
- Checklist: Essential Inclusive Language Resources and Guidelines
- Research: Why the Public Expects Purpose-Driven Content
- A Data-Driven Process for Testing Humor vs. Information Value in Content
Join to win the battle for attention using writing lessons from a former newspaper reporter and editor. She’ll reveal how to capture interest with stirring stories and concise copy.
You'll learn how to:
- Think like a journalist to craft a story that's convincing and credible (to the journalists you pitch, stakeholders and public)
- Avoid the most common AP style errors
- Cut jargon, extraneous capitalization and fluff to get to the heart of your story
- Tell a story that’s either unique enough to stand out or part of a larger trend
Join to write authentic speeches and presentations for executives and messages for employees that successfully engage your audience on sensitive issues like the pandemic and social unrest.
- Insights for crafting honest, authentic executive communications
- What employees need to hear now—and how to deliver it
- How to help manage employee stress in times of Covid-10 and social unrest
- How to plan and pen more meaningful content (including for a diverse staff)
Join to harness the power of words that unite, drive action and set expectations around equity, inclusion and belonging at your organization.
- What inclusive language really is … and what is not
- Why inclusive language matters at your organization
- Guiding principles to help steer your communications
- How to operationalize and put inclusive language into practice
Join to see why content based on emotional storytelling is crucial to success now, along with ways you can relay that magic to viewers across platforms and channels.
- Sources of evergreen content that cuts to the heart: How to find the best stories that inform and inspire
- What an uplifting video strategy looks like—from goal setting to scripting
- Sample production checklists from pre-shoot to "post and pray"
- Lessons from mini-docs: Clips that will make you laugh, cry and click
Purpose doesn't just have to inform; it can also entertain. Join to see why "make me smile, make a splash" still applies to videos and images in the pandemic era.
- Believing is seeing: How to find your passion and purpose before filming
- How to translate those guiding principles into winning visuals
- Why humor and even irreverent content still work on social media—and how to incorporate them into your next visual or video campaign
- How to use data to test your content blending humor with information
We'll share the top takeaways as you prepare to implement these ideas for your organization.
Top 5 reasons to attend this workshop
- You'll listen to and interact with the nation's top writing and content experts.
- You'll receive all presentations and handouts.
- You'll get access to an on-demand recording of the event for six months.
- You're guaranteed extensive, how-to instruction you can use immediately.
- You can attend this immersive summit without having to leave your desk.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
You should attend if you spend at least a quarter of your time in any of these areas:
Brand journalism • Content marketing • Public relations • Employee communications • Social media • Storytelling • Writing and editing • Video
|Early Bird Rates
|Ragan Insider Registration||$449||$524|
Phone registrations and group pricing: For group orders please contact our customer service team at 800-878-5331 or firstname.lastname@example.org