- Craft copy that converts
- Sharpen storytelling
- Partner with AI content generators
- Master inclusive writing for DE&I
- Improve SEO
- Increase traffic
- Drive ROI
- Pen punchy internal posts
- Create powerful thought leadership stories
- Write (and edit) with confidence
Captivate audiences with clear, compelling copy and storytelling!
Would you like to quickly improve your writing skills? Are you interested in crafting irresistible content that hooks audiences—and search engines? Are you looking for smart ways to pair with generative AI to boost your output? How about new ways to cut through the clutter so that your campaigns capture more eyeballs and results?
Good news: You’ll discover timeless formulas and new techniques to win the battle for attention with stirring stories, concise copy and winning content strategies when you join us for Ragan’s annual Writing & Content Strategy Conference. Weak writing can kill your copy, campaign or career. Join us on December 13, 2023 to punch up your writing with power-packed hacks that journalists and copywriters keep secret—and how to use cutting edge AI methods to accelerate and advance your writing skills.
Ragan’s Virtual Writing Conference is your ultimate guide for penning powerful, snappy copy…faster! This 4.5-hour program will give you the formulas, tricks and tips you need to quickly elevate your writing skills and increase your readership.
Producing a steady stream of copy and content can be exhausting. It can be challenging to keep up with your content marketing engine and consistently deliver quality content without burning out or missing a deadline. Top brand strategists have found that the key is partnering with AI solutions rather than simply outsourcing to them. In this session, you’ll gain a solid foundation in AI writing concepts and useful techniques for harnessing the power of AI. Join our writing instructor to learn:
- Best practices in enhancing productivity, efficiency, and creativity in your writing
- AI techniques for generating engaging content and concise prompts
- Editing and proofreading tools that improve the quality and accuracy of your content
- How to ensure responsible and unbiased content that’s ethically sound
- Leveraging AI for personalized communication that’s tailored to your specific audiences
Unleashing your creativity will give you a competitive edge and capture your audience’s hearts and minds. In this session you’ll discover how to tap into your imagination to fuel big ideas and content that informs as it inspires. Ignite your inner creator by learning:
- Practical ways to brainstorm bold, brilliant and beautiful ideas
- Principles, tools and exercises to help you overcome barriers to creativity and innovation at your organization
- Potential elements to include in your social media style guide and why they matter
- How to find new inspiration to fuel your storytelling
- Examples of social media posts that are clear, concise and comedic and how to emulate them on your own channels
Creating an inclusive culture starts with empowering internal stakeholders to craft messaging that reflects their experiences. Join our seasoned instructors as they delve into tactics for creating content that represents diverse perspectives, fosters inclusivity, and resonates with employees and external audiences equally. In this session you’ll learn:
- How to write about the perspectives and concerns of your diverse workforce
- Insights and resources to help you create an inclusive language style guide
- How to evaluate and improve the accessibility of your communications, PR and media outreach
- How inclusive storytelling enhances the effectiveness of your communication and enables you to connect with different audiences on a deeper level
- The best ways for leadership team members to communicate in a ways that that champions DE&I values
Social media copy must be clear, colorful and concise, but it also needs to scream “Click Me!” If you want to drive real results and move followers to action, it’s not just about nailing external communications. Powerful email subject lines drive internal employee engagement too. Join this interactive session to workshop email headlines, punchy posts and CTAs with peers. In this session you’ll learn:
- How to attract and keep eyeballs on your content marketing and social media posts
- Developing a channel-by-channel copy guide: How to change your verbiage to include and engage audiences across different social platforms
- Effective ways to drive internal comms engagement with people-first messaging
- Tips for balancing SEO-friendly language with creative copy
- INTERACTIVE: Bring a social media headline or email subject line you’d like to workshop to this session.
In this interactive continuation of Headline Writing that Speaks Volumes, we’ll review workshopped headline submissions from the audience.
Compelling writing is the number one skill execs seek in communicators, yet it’s the hardest to find. In this session you’ll discover how to boost your writing chops with proven journalistic tactics that will elevate everything you pen — from press releases and social media posts to newsletters, speeches and more. In this session you’ll learn:
- How to apply news principles to engage your readers and followers
- The value of style and why it matters in text and presentation
- How to use precise, plain language to improve clarity and reader retention
- Now you see it: Ways to use visual verbs to punch up your writing punch
- Bonus tips for balancing traditional writing with writing for SEO
A robust storytelling culture can make humdrum topics come alive and move the real people it serves. In this panel you’ll hear how three different companies are finding employee stories that capture their organizational culture and are sharing them across their internal and external channels to retain and attract talent. You’ll learn how to transform your number one asset into a powerful competitive advantage.
- The most common business storytelling techniques and how to use them
- Where to find powerful stories on forums like Slack, Teams, social media, and your intranet
- The role ERGs and local groups play in encouraging, collecting and curating employee stories
- What it takes to create a popular blog that houses everything from “Meet the Employee” and “Side Hustle” stories to “Women in Tech” posts and more
- How to amplify these stories on social and traditional media whether you’re using LinkedIn, Instagram or TikTok
Take the trauma out of thought leadership by setting your execs and subject matter experts up for success. In this session you’ll discover how to identify their strengths and personal stories. In this workshop you’ll learn strategies to engage your execs, managers and SMEs as thought leaders, how to develop a content strategy around their thought leadership, and curate content based on their fields of expertise.
- Practical strategies to create a culture of thought leadership and develop your thought leaders as ambassadors of unique ideas
- How to craft thought-leadership articles that reinforce organizational goals and spark sales conversations
- Tips for presenting thought leadership in speaking opportunities such as town halls or panels
- How to set up a writing program in large companies in a way that budget and scheduling are not hurdles
Writing is a bittersweet process. With many of us racing against the clock, it can be the most daunting to-do on your list. While the eleventh-hour approach has become commonplace, it's often a recipe for disaster that leads to panic writing and a loss of brevity. Thinking like an editor and self-editing as you create will not only save you time but will become non-negotiable once you incorporate it into your writing tool kit. Start implementing new habits and getting rid of old ones that no longer serve you. In this session you’ll learn:
- Why you should create an outline that gives you a manageable road map to meeting your goals
- The power of multi-device editing (and sometimes multi-font!)
- How to use panic writing to your advantage in times of need
- Why complete is better than perfect
- The things newsroom editors hate—common errors and peeves to avoid
INTERESTED IN SPEAKING?
Please reach out to Director of Conferences
Top things you’ll learn at this conference:
- Your Guide to AI Content Scaling: Cutting edge techniques to keep up with the relentless pace of content.
- Practical Tips for Writing Like a Journalist: Powerful principles to supercharge any writing project, from crafting magnetic headlines to producing buzzworthy soundbites.
- Secrets of Sticky Content by Channel: Ideas for creating sticky blog and social media posts, emails, newsletters and landing page copy—with limited resources.
- Hooking Audiences with Headlines: What drives shares on social, clicks on intranets, and opens rates on emails.
- Copy That Fizzles and Sizzles: Secrets of clear, concise, correct and more colorful copy.
- Thought Leadership Strategies: New ways to elevate employer storytelling and become an SME whisperer.
- Inclusive Language for DE&I: Phrases and terms to add to your company’s lexicon.
- Editing Cheat Sheet: A checklist to fine-tune and fact check copy fast.
|Virtual Conference Registration||$999||$1,099|
|Virtual Conference Ragan Insider Member||$949||$1,049|
|Nonprofit/Gov Event Registration||$899||$999|
All attendees will receive the recording of the event.
Would you and your team like to attend? Group pricing is available when registering! Contact Shallon Blackburn for more information.
RAGAN COUNCIL MEMBER DISCOUNTS
Membership includes free registration passes. Contact Shallon Blackburn for more information on becoming a member.
RAGAN INSIDER DISCOUNTS
Insiders save on all Ragan events. Not a Ragan Insider? You can become one during registration for this event!
Ragan Insiders save more: Ragan Insiders receive an additional $250 off current rates. Not a Ragan Insider? You can become one during the registration process for this event!
Phone registrations and group pricing: For group orders, please contact our customer service team at 800-878-5331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Register to secure your spot today! Don’t miss this opportunity to:
- Access exclusive content and resources.
- Connect with your peers.
- Get the ideas & tools to stay ahead in today’s rapidly changing world.
Register today. Once registered, you’ll be able to join the private LinkedIn group right away.
Who Should Attend?
You should attend if you spend at least a quarter of your time in any of these areas:
Writing • Editing • Content Strategy • Storytelling • Brand Journalism • Internal Communications • Executive Communications • Employee Engagement• Social Media • Public Relations • Digital Marketing • Content Marketing • Community Management • Crisis Communications • Corporate Communications • Strategic Communications • Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Communications
WONDERING IF YOU SHOULD ATTEND?
Here’s what past attendees are saying about Ragan and PR Daily Events!
I like that Ragan provides speakers from a wide variety of fields, but their messages can be applied to all communicators. No matter what you do, you can ALWAYS walk away from a Ragan conference with solid knowledge and advice.
This conference refreshed me on the basics of being a writer. It is easy to fall into a habit of writing the same way over and over. This conference reminded me to try to mix up my style every once in a while and take new chances.
This is THE place to learn from the best in the industry. The networking amongst the participants is extremely valuable, always sharing best practices.
Inspiring content and a great way to connect with fellow writers in the communications world!
I learned many angles of storytelling - from planning a story, to writing with power, to editing - this conference inspired me to think differently when I approach my next long-form written piece.