IMA is looking for a seasoned PR professional to join the IMA Financial Group Corporate Communications team. The PR Manager will lead all media relations efforts for IMA and its subsidiaries and oversee a comprehensive award application process for IMA, its subsidiaries and its associates. The ideal candidate has a robust PR background, strategic vision that supports IMA’s growth, client-first mentality, commitment to community, nurtures IMA’s strong corporate culture of inclusion, and highlights the deep knowledge and expertise of IMA associates. This person will be a team player, an independent worker and a big thinker. Most importantly, they have fun doing a job they love.
- Writes, distributes and pitches media stories
- Researches, writes and submits awards for IMAFG, subsidiaries, individuals, markets and specialty areas, foundation, etc.
- Manages relationship with IMA’s PR agencies, which includes building out overall PR strategy as well as strategies in emerging and new geographies
- Gains clear knowledge of IMA’s strategic plan to promote the company’s growth and position in the industry, key markets, verticals and expertise
- Maintains IMA’s crisis communications plan
- Manges non-client-facing social media posts
- Manages PR in partnership with local market leadership
- Partners closely with marketing team to understand IMA’s key messages and differentiators, client opportunities, trade shows, events, etc.
- Meets regularly with specialty leaders to identify story opportunities within IMA’s verticals
- Maintain Corporate Communications dashboard
- Supports and demonstrates IMA’s core values
- Values and understands the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion among all IMA associates
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism or related degree required
- Superior verbal, writing, editing and proofreading skills (writing samples and writing test are part of the interview process)
- Ability to effectively organize material, distill complex ideas and write lively and appealing content
- Project management skills and the ability to quickly shift priorities based on business needs
- Expertise in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- 5-7 years of experience in Corporate Communications, Public Relations or a related field required
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
The IMA Financial Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The IMA Financial Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We’ve built a reputation for putting our associates first
What if we told you that you could be an integral part of an entrepreneurial, expanding company, develop lasting relationships, earn competitive benefits, plus claim part ownership? It’s this unique ownership business model that makes working at IMA so appealing.
We work in teams. We sell in teams. We win and prosper as a team
We provide support systems and resources that enable each of our associates to focus on what they do best. And as an independent company based in the Midwest, we’re big enough to write business all over the world and small enough to implement your ideas quickly.
We are recognized nationally as a leader in our industry.
- 2021 Business Insurance Magazine Best Places to Work in Insurance, #1 in large category
- 2021 Inc. 5000’s List of Fastest Growing Companies
- 2021 Wichita Business Journal’s Best Places to Work, #1 in extra-large category
- 2021 Puget Sound Business Journal’s Washington’s Best Workplaces
- 2021 Los Angeles Business Journal’s Best Places to Work
- 2021 Denver Business Journal’s Best Places to Work
- 2021 Dallas Business Journal’s Best Places to Work
- 2021 Alaska Journal of Commerce’s Best Workplaces in Alaska
- 2021 Civic 50 Colorado Honoree Recognizing 50 Most Community-Minded Companies
- 2021 Wichita Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies List
- 2020 Business Insurance Magazine Best Places to Work in Insurance
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.