Humana’s Marketing Organization is seeking an Associate Communications Lead to join the Corporate Communications team working remote anywhere in the U.S. The Associate Communications Lead is responsible for developing and executing integrated employee-facing communications strategies and relevant communications activities that advance Humana’s Inclusion & Diversity mission to cultivate a culture of belonging where every associate feels valued and has the opportunity and support to reach their full potential.
The individual is a strong strategic advisor who creates end-to-end plans and programs that support ongoing Inclusion & Diversity initiatives that strengthen Humana’s position as an equitable and engaging place to work. The Associate Communication Lead helps employees navigate cultural competency and embrace a growth mindset through engaging internal communications that create a positive culture and experience for all.
Key Role Functions
- Create integrated messaging for diverse internal audiences related to Humana’s varied Inclusion & Diversity initiatives to create a positive employee experience
- Develop messaging and content that advances the Inclusion & Diversity narrative and business priorities within the Chief Administrative Office (CAO) segment and across the enterprise
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive internal communications activities supporting ongoing Inclusion & Diversity efforts, such as those related to our Executive I&D Council, Diverse Talent Strategy and Network Resource Groups
- Bring Humana’s Inclusion & Diversity strategy to life on new and existing internal communications channels through impactful storytelling and high-impact messaging
- Serve as a trusted strategic advisor to the SVP, Chief Inclusion & Diversity Officer and work in close partnership with other Corporate Communications team members to amplify their thought leadership brand both internally and externally
- Develop clear and consistent internal communications, creative multimedia content and compelling storytelling packages that promote associate understanding of Humana’s purpose, culture, employee value proposition, and commitment to creating a safe and equitable workplace for all associates
- Build strong alignment with cross-functional colleagues across the enterprise on internal communications strategies and content prioritization
- Work closely with senior leaders and change sponsors to engage stakeholders during organizational transformation, helping to position changes appropriately and reach segmented internal audiences with relevant information
- Champion the voice of the associate through Humana’s associate listening practices and leverage data, analytics and feedback from stakeholders to inform strategy and decision making
- Work in close collaboration with external vendors and partners as needed to deliver against communications plans and goals
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of employee communications or public relations experience with proven expertise in change communications
- Background in or related experience with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and/or culture related programs or initiatives
- Adept at data and analytics, as well as emerging practices and technologies
- Self-organized – can independently plan, lead and implement integrated communications projects
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, multitask and deliver quality work under pressure
- Exceptional written communications skills and deep experience as a content creator
- Proactive, flexible and always seeking improvement and positive change
- Ability to influence and build strategic relationships
- Foster an open, inclusive and diverse community at Humana
- Advanced skills using O365 suite, including Teams and SharePoint
- Education or Certification in Diversity Studies
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience at large, matrixed corporate organization with diverse stakeholder groups
- Previous experience in human resources
- Previous experience in project management
Covid-19 Vaccine/Testing Requirement
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
Work at Home/Remote Requirements
- Must ensure designated work area is free from distractions during work hours and virtual meetings
- Must provide a high-speed DSL or cable modem for a workspace (Satellite and Hotspots are prohibited). A minimum standard speed of 10×1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) for optimal performance of is required
Scheduled Weekly Hours
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Humana Inc. is committed to helping our millions of medical and specialty members achieve their best health. Our successful history in care delivery and health plan administration is helping us create a new kind of integrated care with the power to improve health and well-being and lower costs. Our efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, families, individuals, military service personnel, and communities at large.
To accomplish that, we support physicians and other health care professionals as they work to deliver the right care in the right place for their patients, our members. Our range of clinical capabilities, resources and tools – such as in-home care, behavioral health, pharmacy services, data analytics and wellness solutions – combine to produce a simplified experience that makes health care easier to navigate and more effective.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.