Marketing Communication Specialist
External Communications Manager
Dir, Digital Marketing
Communications and Employee Engagement Lead
Corporate Communications Manager
Marketing Content Assistant
Employee Relations Specialist
Communications Specialist II
Specialist, Global Communications
Employee Relations Associate
Associate Director of Executive Internal Communication
Corporate Communications Content Writer
Social Media Strategist & Content Creator
Community Affairs Manager
Marketing Manager – SEO
Community Engagement Specialist
Associate Director of Communications
Manager, Advocacy Communication
Lead Communications Specialist / Marketing
Internal Communications Strategist
Assistant Director of Communications, College of Arts & Letters
Director of Communications
Membership Sales Executive
SALARY: $70,000+ FULL COMPENSATION PACKAGE
LOCATION: EAST COAST OR CHICAGO AREA PREFERRED
LOCATION: EAST COAST OR CHICAGO
Director of Marketing
SALARY: $100,000+ FULL COMPENSATION
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME, HYBRID
Communications Lead, Santander Auto
Team Lead – US Corporate Sustainability and Social Impact
Employee Relations Manager
Communications Manager, Government Affairs
Global Internal Communications Manager, Worldwide Customer Service Communications
HR Knowledge & Content Manager
Diversity Equity and Inclusion Specialist
Assistant Manager, Global Marketing
Digital Marketing Manager
Crisis Communications Manager
Executive Communications Lead – Customer Success
Internal Communications Director
Senior Director, Marketing Strategy
Brand Strategy Manager
Associate Director of Executive Internal Communication
This role is Hybrid- 3 days a week onsite in our Weston, MA. Office
The Associate Director of Executive Internal Communication is primarily responsible for internal communications for the US Organization. The Associate Director works closely with the US leadership team to support the organization’s business strategy, advance culture objectives, and reinforce change management efforts through clear and compelling messages that move and motivate employees.
Success in this role requires business acumen, storytelling and writing skills to creatively engage audiences while reinforcing a consistent narrative aligned to the organization’s vision and values. This role will work closely with senior leaders, including the president of the US Organization, to communicate sensitive, timely and complex business updates while identifying and highlighting employee stories that demonstrate a culture of purpose and performance.
What You’ll Do
- Be highly creative in driving the development of communications that inform and inspire employee action, belonging and commitment. You will lead production of written materials, videos, presentations, imagery and other assets for a range of distribution platforms including Town Halls, organization-wide emails, intranet, industry keynotes, and executive social media platforms.
- Develop a deep understanding of the US organization to effectively align communications with the strategic direction of the organization and the current sentiment of employees.
- Work closely with the Head of US Corporate Affairs while ensuring coordination with global corporate affairs colleagues. Ensure appropriate reviews of content and campaigns in collaboration with legal, regulatory and compliance colleagues.
- Identify tangible employee stories or teams to spotlight. These stories will celebrate the efforts of individuals and teams in the organization who embody our cultural aspirations and support change management efforts.
- Support corporate brand campaign by identifying and executing activations in the US Organization, in alignment with global corporate affairs CSR team.
- Drive US President’s external thought-leadership strategy by overseeing editorial content, including articles, speaking opportunities and social media copy.
- Lead the production of presentations for large audiences (~1,000 – ~5,000+) on behalf of the US President, with a focus on understanding her voice and communication style.
- Continually assess metrics and impact of communications, to inform future channels and content formats.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will have an interest in working with a strong, purpose-driven senior executive to create inspiring communications that have a meaningful impact on our culture and the organization’s performance. You recognize that we are competing for employee’s attention and the hybrid workplace has added a new level of complexity to communications, which drives your interest in creating digestible and memorable experiences that breakthrough and engage employees. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have high-emotional intelligence to collaborate with senior leaders and inform messaging. You are highly collaborative, comfortable with scenario planning, and can switch between leading content independently or overseeing writers and agencies.
- 8+ years of journalism, content, internal communications or other storytelling experience in progressively senior roles in terms of responsibility
- Executive presence and business acumen to engage leadership teams and align content needs to the business strategy
- Understanding of distribution channels and best practices for engaging audiences (i.e. social media, email, intranet, etc.)
- Ideally, experience with social media strategies including content development
- Strong focus on execution and follow-through with a sense of urgency
- Passionate about collaborating with stakeholders in a matrixed environment to develop strategies and tactics while ensuring excellence in implementation
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to quickly understand business context and company culture
- Demonstrated good judgment and ability to effectively prioritize workload. Creative, innovative, agile and flexible
- Must have the ability to work onsite 3 days a week and travel up to 20%
Bachelor’s degree is required, ideally in Communications, Marketing or Journalism or a degree in liberal arts
- Some knowledge of healthcare or biotech
- Ideally, experience with writing on behalf of executives or other leaders
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.
At Biogen, we are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients we serve. We know that diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives make us a stronger and more innovative company, and we are focused on building teams where every employee feels empowered and inspired. Read on to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.