What We’re Looking For:
At 2U, we believe in the power of higher education to address society’s critical needs. The internal communications and engagement team works with stakeholders across the business to inform, inspire, and connect our passionate global workforce in a meaningful way as we work together to eliminate the back row in education and transform lives in the process.
What role will you play? You’ll be the social media manager for our employee communications channels and a brand journalist finding amazing stories that engage and inspire 2U employees around the world.
What we’re looking for? A strategic storyteller with a creative marketing brain who loves employee comms. You’ll find and share noteworthy stories, execute comprehensive communications plans and make lofty concepts like vision, strategy and business priorities come to life in a way that employees not only remember but live.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Employee Communications & Storytelling
- Support members of the internal communications team with strategic plans to communicate business strategy, successes, and department information clearly and accurately for a global audience.
- Develop and implement engaging, informative, and creative communication plans and deliver those messages through a variety of channels, including written, video, and large-scale meetings.
- Identify and tell stories about our strategic priorities and mission that educate, inspire, and motivate employees.
- Drive employee engagement through strategic communication and activation efforts to support 2U’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and corporate social responsibility.
- Internal Channel Management & Analysis
- Develop and manage editorial calendar and analytics for employee emails, company intranet, weekly newsletter, and other digital channels to ensure a strategic pattern and consistent experience for all employees in support of our corporate narrative.
- Measure, report, and adjust communications and change management activities to drive business results and employee engagement.
- Oversee governance and performance of the digital internal communications platforms, including management of intranet publisher on-boarding, training, and the publisher community.
- Leverage available internal resources to monitor employee sentiment, producing a monthly dashboard for leadership awareness.
- Continuously edit, proof, and improve content on all platforms by learning from data and feedback.
- Identify the latest best practices and trends in the industry, sharing information to inform the communications team and evolve our digital communications strategy.
- Administrative & Special Projects
- Support other internal communications projects, such as writing and editing communications, managing internal meetings and events, designing presentations, creating graphics, and more.
- Monitor and respond as appropriate to questions and requests sent to the communications and intranet mailboxes.
- Forge and develop internal working relationships across functions to collect informal/anecdotal feedback on employee morale and communications effectiveness.
- Provide advice to colleagues regarding internal comms best practices, including effective feedback on written copy and writing styles
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 3+ years professional communications experience, preferably in a fast-paced, high-change, global company
- Demonstrated experience developing content for communications and marketing campaigns, preferably for internal employee communications; candidates must be prepared to share a portfolio of work
- Understanding of graphic design principles required, preferably with experience developing creative assets such as infographics and slide presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong knowledge of AP style
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and project management skills
- Collaborative work ethic and the ability to handle and incorporate peer feedback while thinking broadly about how to tell the best story and produce results quickly
- Demonstrated experience exercising sound judgment
- Proactive approach, seeking out challenges and anticipating issues
- Willingness to innovate and test new processes and ideas
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion, and possess a high level of accuracy with information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with all levels of management
- Experience with Google Analytics preferred
ABOUT THE COMPANY
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.