The Washington, DC-based Consortium for Science Policy, and Outcomes (CSPO) seeks a Communication and Engagement Coordinator to manage communications with policy audiences, build community across Consortium partners and science and technology policy professionals, develop and implement social media messaging and campaigns, support in-person and online workshops and programs, manage the design and production of a print-on-demand book series, and provide event and other administrative support in a collaborative working environment. The position exists to enact CSPO’s strategies for engaging with science and technology (S&T) policy professionals in-person and online. The Communication and Engagement Coordinator will run social media, maintain and update electronic mailing lists, write and edit content for an e-newsletter and CSPO’s website, manage website updates, and help CSPO faculty develop communications about research projects. Team-based projects include organizing and hosting workshops and conferences; producing briefings, reports, and summaries of events and applied policy projects; and assisting with community building that grows audiences and resources for CSPO.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES
• Foster and maintain relationships with policy professionals in national-level science, technology, and regulatory agencies, as well as project sponsors, academic experts, and stakeholders in technology assessment projects.
• Design and implement communications campaigns for policy talks, workshops, technology assessment projects, and for CSPO overall.
• Design, implement, and manage social media for CSPO.
• Develop new approaches to dialogue online and in-person about selected issues in S&T policy, including energy, environment, and health care.
• Manage events, including online registration, room reservations, oversee catering setup, and other preparatory and day-of logistics to ensure a top-quality experience for event participants.
• Manage occasional zoom webinars, including recording programs, overseeing chats, and other steps to ensure a high-quality online event.
• Maintain, update, and improve email lists (using Mailchimp or other communications programs).
• Coordinate print-on-demand book series, including light editing, managing workflow, formatting documents, uploading to distributor, and tracking sales and feedback.
• Compile and prepare occasional progress and outcome reports and develop an annual activity report.
• Work collaboratively with communications team at ASU’s Global Futures Laboratory (in Tempe, AZ) to advance CSPO’s goals.
• Position is in the ASU Washington, DC Office. Must be able to work in person up to five days per week (occasional telework allowed).
• Undertake other duties as assigned with minimal direction.
Bachelor’s degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND one year of communications / coordinator program experience; OR, Five years of progressively responsible communications / coordinator program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with non-profit organizations, universities, or government agencies with a focus on science, technology, or policy.
• Experience in policy or other specialized communications OR public engagement (1 year)
• Effective communication, networking, and presentation skills. Comfort with contacting stakeholders and participants, participating in in-person and virtual meetings, and pitching CSPO to prospective program attendees and partners.
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel), Zoom webinar management, project management tools, and cloud-based services (Dropbox, Google Drive).
• Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment, and able to plan, prioritize, and organize multiple projects with different timelines.
• Team-focused, enjoy working as part of a small but active group of highly engaged individuals.
• Results orientated, able to work independently and collaboratively, and takes initiative.
Click here for additional details and to apply:
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Based in Washington DC, CSPO is a policy engagement and research center of the ASU Global Futures Laboratory, dedicated to enhancing the contributions of science, technology, and biomedicine to society. CSPO draws on the intellectual resources of ASU and collaborations with a range of science and technology policy-oriented organizations to assess and foster outcomes-based policies across a portfolio of publicly funded projects in science and technology policy. Projects range from studying career pathways in S&T policy to participatory technology assessment to community engagement with emerging technology. CSPO’s core commitment is to generate useable knowledge for real-world decision making.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy, and broad access. ASU is a comprehensive public research university, measured not by whom it excludes, but by whom it includes and how they succeed; advancing research and discovery of public value; and assuming fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities it serves. Research at ASU is inspired by real world application, blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.