The Auto Care Association is currently seeking an exceptional Communications Coordinator to add to our award-winning communications team. This position reports to Auto Care Association’s Vice President, Communications and will collaborate across the organization to develop and execute various association programs that inspire and engage our members.
The Communications Coordinator should have the skills and creativity to write and implement communications across a variety of platforms, including email and website. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the use of our technologies, learn how to utilize them to their fullest potential and best tell the story of the association.
The Communications Coordinator collaboratively creates content for key communication platforms, including website and email in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to Auto Care Association members and the automotive aftermarket industry. Content creation includes drafting and implementing copy, reporting, producing and voicing various types of stories. The Communications Coordinator is a strong writer who adheres to the traditional tenets of journalism and effectively combines text, images, sound, video and graphics to tell our story. The Communications Coordinator writes content for the website, news releases and external publications, and isn’t afraid to learn the basics of graphic design and web management to ensure alignment of messages across communication platforms.
In this, role you can expect to:
- Act as a brand evangelist, drafting and editing public-facing content, including web text, press releases, direct mail and email sends to maintain clarity and consistency with our messaging.
- Implement communication across a variety of channels, including website, email, and press releases.
- Provide support for management of web content requests and ensure content meets standards for publishing.
- Actively participate in planning and execution of web efforts.
- Develop compelling, segmented messaging using a data-backed approach to improve communication effectiveness.
- Manage a successful association blog.
- Collaborate on the development and execution of all email campaigns; activities include writing email copy, leading reviews, and reporting on results.
- Proactively manage editorial calendars and award opportunities.
- Provide creative ideas for association communication that go outside of the box.
- Champion and promote Auto Care Association’s mission, vision and campaigns.
You are a fit for this position if you:
- Love crafting and creating content that resonates with key audiences
- Excel at developing original ideas for digital content
- Have experience translating news stories and events into high quality content for digital media platforms
- Enjoy researching, writing, copy editing, and proofreading a variety of communications including news releases, fact sheets, press materials, letters, reports and other external and internal-facing copy
- Can create and edit PowerPoint presentations or have suggestions for more engaging presentation tools
- Are enthusiastic about proactively developing content that can be utilized across a variety of platforms and create closer-knit communities
- Can use text, images, sound, video and graphics to create key messages, and share stories and information
- Have experience preparing or want to hone your skills in digital analytics and social media
- Are looking to increase your knowledge and training in communications platforms such as websites and digital publication libraries
- Have a strong drive to learn new tools and tactics through mentorship and self-guided professional development
- Formal Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related training
- 2+ years communications experience
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and respond to shifting priorities
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and techniques that support evolving needs
- Ability to confidently present work and respond to constructive feedback
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely. Extraordinary attention to detail a must
- Strong editorial sensibility; able to prioritize and distill information to achieve maximum impact; execute with a sense of urgency
- Superior ability to write high-quality, thought leadership content pieces. Writing skills should span various pieces, including press releases, publication article development and email marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of AP style and principles of writing for the Web/rich media.
- Manage and maintain organization of creative web content including metadata for search engine optimization
- Experience with Content Management Systems and HTML a plus
- Excellent project and time management skills; creative problem-solver/solution-finder
- Independent, proactive self-starter that doesn’t always need to be assigned a project to stay busy
- Passion for creating and engaging in new and innovative communications to create breakthrough audience experiences
- Experience with marketing and communications tools and systems
- Healthy sense of humor, positive outlook and lover of all things team
- Automotive industry experience or passion a plus
- Desire to learn from and grow with a world-class communications team
At Auto Care Association, we recognize and appreciate the importance of creating an environment in which all employees feel valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas to the table. We recognize that each employee’s unique experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints add value to our ability to create and deliver the best possible service, technical assistance, and research to members and partners.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) for us represent both a business necessity and a core belief. These concepts represent a fundamental value and code of behavior that will impact our daily interactions and decisions. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are the result of respecting, valuing, and caring about others and the lives we touch through the thousands of people the association we engage with as staff and members and the people we reach each day through our products, messaging, and operations.
If you are a dynamic, self-starting web professional with shared beliefs and the above qualifications, we would like to hear from you.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and several portfolio examples to: Lea Diamond, Senior Director, People Operations, Auto Care Association, at email@example.com.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Auto Care Association is the voice for the auto care industry—a coast-to-coast network of 500,000 independent manufacturers, distributors, parts stores and repair shops offering quality, choice and innovation for drivers. The Auto Care Association keeps its members ahead of the curve so they can continue to serve every kind of vehicle on the road today—providing parts and services designed to make vehicles last longer, perform better and keep drivers safer.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.