About the job
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The role of Communications Lead is to develop and implement communications programs and messages, including marketing communications, web content and direct marketing to educate and inform stakeholders, including customers, employees, trade media and interest groups.
The Communications team is accountable for developing, planning and executing the external and internal/employee communications & IAR strategies on a global and regional level. It consists of different sub teams such as Media Relations, Product Communications, Social Media, Industry Analysts Relations, Regional Communication as well as Internal and Employee Communications.
This position reports to
Head of Communications
- In this role and as a seasoned spokesperson, you will be the first port of call for media on a day to day business. We expect you to proactively work with our stakeholders in the media to position ABB E-mobility as a driving force in the EV (Electric Vehicle) charging (solution) industry. You are able to rise to the occasion when you see the opportunity to positively impact media coverage of the business
- As the Communications lead and experienced expert for the most important media market, you will be responsible for building and executing the communications plan for NAM (North America) based on the global communications strategy
- Being a creative and smart “story teller”, you are able to translate a complex and ambitious business strategy into exciting stories for our stakeholders: journalists, bloggers and other opinion leaders. You will also partner with your colleagues from the Global and Regional Marketing & Communications teams to ensure we are speaking with one voice across the globe
- In addition, you will also partner with your colleagues from Employee Communications for any internal Communications related topics in the US (United States)
- The ABB E-mobility business is a young and fast growing one and in your role as the you will have the opportunity to build and shape the Communication function in your area
- In addition, you will also be responsible to lead and coordinate the work of an external agency which is considered to be your extended team
- You will also act as a spokesperson for ABB E-mobility in the US, and you feel comfortable in engaging with Senior Executives of the company or outside of the company. This role reports to the Head of Communications at ABB E-mobility
- As the lead for Communications in the US you will also be responsible for creating and executing a holistic 6 to 12 months communications plan, covering all areas of a communications discipline in a B2B2C environment to ensure long term communication success. Here you will also work closely with your colleagues in the Marketing Team
- Actual experience on the job required; references may be required
- A university degree and minimum 5 to 8 years working experience preferably in Corporate Communications , as a journalist or editor background or with experience on the agency side
- You can easily identify opportunities for competitive differentiation and rapid response activation in conversations, media coverage trends and user generated content
- You do understand the social media universe and maintains a mix of participation (personally and professionally) among various channels demonstrating authenticity individually and for ABB E-mobility
- You should have a track record in business and technology communication, ideally with experience in technology, software and/or the automotive industry. Expertise in consumer communication is of advantage
- You should feel comfortable to interact with media in a highly volatile environment. Ideally, you have an established network with media and bloggers in the US, which you can leverage to the benefit of our business
- You should be able to think and write like a journalist, easily translating complex technology and strategy into true consumer benefits for appeal to broad audiences. Delivering under time pressure and tough deadlines is energizing rather than exhausting. Working with influencers and bloggers within the social media sphere is part of your repertoire
- You should also have good project management skills as at times you might be tasked to lead and run communications projects around major taking place in your market
- You have a strong “can do” mentality, able to build from scratch and to set up structure and processes
- You have a strong teamwork ethic
- You are able to effectively work within a team that is geographically dispersed
- You are eager to meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
- You have very good organizational skills and the ability to multi task while meeting deadlines
- You are able to negotiate and acquire suitable external resources and services
- You have an ability to communicate result and acts as consultant to senior management and in a fast paced environment
- This role can be performed remote. But relocation might be considered at one point as we seek to build a hub in the US
- You feel comfortable in traveling across the US at times
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ABB E-mobility is a world leader in EV charging technology with a strong R&D pipeline and an unparalleled global reach. With our robust product portfolio of innovative holistic solutions – from grid to charge point and domestic installations to large fleet depots – we are actively enabling the future of e-mobility, not just predicting it. The exciting developments within this sector perfectly align with our Mission to Zero initiative, aiming to support cleaner and greener communities for all.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.