Marketing Communication Specialist
External Communications Manager
Dir, Digital Marketing
Communications and Employee Engagement Lead
Corporate Communications Manager
Marketing Content Assistant
Employee Relations Specialist
Communications Specialist II
Specialist, Global Communications
Employee Relations Associate
Associate Director of Executive Internal Communication
Corporate Communications Content Writer
Social Media Strategist & Content Creator
Community Affairs Manager
Marketing Manager – SEO
Community Engagement Specialist
Associate Director of Communications
Manager, Advocacy Communication
Lead Communications Specialist / Marketing
Internal Communications Strategist
Assistant Director of Communications, College of Arts & Letters
Director of Communications
Membership Sales Executive
SALARY: $70,000+ FULL COMPENSATION PACKAGE
LOCATION: EAST COAST OR CHICAGO AREA PREFERRED
LOCATION: EAST COAST OR CHICAGO
Director of Marketing
SALARY: $100,000+ FULL COMPENSATION
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME, HYBRID
Communications Lead, Santander Auto
Team Lead – US Corporate Sustainability and Social Impact
Employee Relations Manager
Communications Manager, Government Affairs
Global Internal Communications Manager, Worldwide Customer Service Communications
HR Knowledge & Content Manager
Diversity Equity and Inclusion Specialist
Assistant Manager, Global Marketing
Digital Marketing Manager
Crisis Communications Manager
Executive Communications Lead – Customer Success
Internal Communications Director
Senior Director, Marketing Strategy
Brand Strategy Manager
Communications Manager, Government Affairs
About the job
Based in D.C. or New York, this role will manage communications across a range of government affairs related topics. In this role, you are expected to have impeccable communication, project management and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work collaboratively across multiple organizations and geographies. As a member of a small team, you’ll be expected to work independently and to take on new responsibilities as the need arises.
This role will lead government affairs communications on the corporate communications team. The role is ultimately responsible for guiding Spotify’s global government affairs communications strategy, including the planning and execution of activities to foster greater understanding of the company’s regulatory and government affairs positions, while focusing on mitigating risk and enhancing and promoting Spotify’s reputation with priority external audiences. As a seasoned communications manager, you will seamlessly coordinate with the global head of government affairs as well as other senior communications leaders and support teams with counsel as well as spearheading projects across the globe. You are also expected to be a strong team player as well as a person that takes initiative. In this role, you are expected to be cool under pressure and comfortable with fast-paced, complex scenarios, have strong writing and project management skills, as well as effective engagement with stakeholders across the company and at the highest level across the business.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with senior leaders across the government affairs team to help define Spotify’s government and regulatory pillars and develop an external communications strategy to complement those pillars with a focus on proactive storytelling.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about Spotify’s policy and government affairs strategy, be proactive about proposing communications solutions to regulatory challenges and consult with market teams on local issues with reputitional impact.
- Build strong and trusted relationships with key internal partners throughout Spotify, providing unique insights and problem-solving counsel. These internal partners include: Government Affairs and the General Counsel and the Legal Team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists, media outlets, and other stakeholders to maximize our reach and impact.
- Develop and implement strategic communication plans that align with our organizational goals and objectives.
- Exemplify Spotify’s mission and values in daily work.
- Direct outside agencies as necessary to achieve communications objectives.
Who you are:
- 7-10 years of communications experience, with a track record of developing and implementing successful communication strategies in the tech policy, government affairs, and regulatory affairs space.
- Excellent writing and communications skillsComfortable providing guidance and feedback to senior executives.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, adapt quickly and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple functions to develop, manage and drive internal communications narratives.
- Ability to travel internationally.
Where you’ll be:
- You will work out of the New York Office or Washington D.C (Min. 2 days in office)
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern time zone for collaboration.
The United States base range for this position is $130,803-$163,504 plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays, paid sick leave. These ranges may be modified in the future.Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.