This is a unique opportunity to lead public relations for a school district (Scappoose School District) while being a member of a larger communications team at the local education service agency (Northwest Regional Education Service District).
The Communication Manager will work collaboratively with the NWRESD Communications Director and the senior leadership at their assigned district to develop, maintain and coordinate effective internal and external communications. This leadership position will tell stories about the local schools, educators, students and their families in an effort to promote the mission, vision and values of the district.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communication, journalism, or related field. Experience in in public relations, communications, journalism or related field may be considered in lieu of degree
- Three or more years of experience in public relations, communication, journalism or related field
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate written/print materials for a variety of purposes
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design skills; proven ability to present concepts verbally
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
- Proficient in the use of industry standard page layout, graphic design, video editing, and web design software
- Excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with supervisors, staff, related businesses and agencies, and the general public
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Northwest Regional ESD is the largest of Oregon’s 19 education service districts. We serve students, educators, child care providers and families living in Clatsop, Columbia, Tillamook and Washington counties.
Our region includes the large, urban school districts of Washington County and the smaller, rural districts located along the Columbia River, the Coastal Range and the North Oregon coast. Our regional office is located in Hillsboro, about 12 miles west of Portland. We also operate service centers in St. Helens, Astoria and Tillamook. Within our region, there are 20 school districts more than 98,000 students (121,000 ADMw).
Our staff members work collaboratively with school districts in the four counties we serve to deliver quality, cost-effective programs and services including special education, technology, professional development and school improvement. We also provide operational support such as business services and human resources.
Our central goal is to cultivate a supportive, positive and welcoming work environment where all staff can successfully thrive. We value and celebrate equity, diversity and inclusion. Our vision of equity includes a continuous commitment to becoming an antiracist, multicultural organization. We lead with racial equity in order to eliminate racial inequalities that impact student achievement and we implement strategies that result in racially equitable outcomes. These values are interwoven into the fabric of our organizational culture at all levels.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.