Marketing Communication Specialist
External Communications Manager
Dir, Digital Marketing
Communications and Employee Engagement Lead
Corporate Communications Manager
Marketing Content Assistant
Employee Relations Specialist
Communications Specialist II
Specialist, Global Communications
Employee Relations Associate
Associate Director of Executive Internal Communication
Corporate Communications Content Writer
Social Media Strategist & Content Creator
Community Affairs Manager
Marketing Manager – SEO
Community Engagement Specialist
Associate Director of Communications
Manager, Advocacy Communication
Lead Communications Specialist / Marketing
Internal Communications Strategist
Assistant Director of Communications, College of Arts & Letters
Director of Communications
Membership Sales Executive
SALARY: $70,000+ FULL COMPENSATION PACKAGE
LOCATION: EAST COAST OR CHICAGO AREA PREFERRED
LOCATION: EAST COAST OR CHICAGO
Director of Marketing
SALARY: $100,000+ FULL COMPENSATION
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME, HYBRID
Communications Lead, Santander Auto
Team Lead – US Corporate Sustainability and Social Impact
Employee Relations Manager
Communications Manager, Government Affairs
Global Internal Communications Manager, Worldwide Customer Service Communications
HR Knowledge & Content Manager
Diversity Equity and Inclusion Specialist
Assistant Manager, Global Marketing
Digital Marketing Manager
Crisis Communications Manager
Executive Communications Lead – Customer Success
Internal Communications Director
Senior Director, Marketing Strategy
Brand Strategy Manager
Our ideal candidate is a communications professional who has an affinity for cloud technology and strong writing, communications and project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to translate complex technical topics into compelling stories. Their passion for putting the customer first, creativity and storytelling skills will help them develop and execute communications plans with great workback plans/timelines, create content in multiple formats – e.g., written communications, speeches, blog posts, articles, papers, event content, videos and internal channel content for SharePoint, Teams, etc.
This role is a key member of our executive communications program, so the ability to support and evangelize our organization’s programmatic efforts will be key. You’ll be working directly with senior leads and executives to help them tell their stories to customers, partners, employees, and other audiences. The highly collaborative role relies on partnerships with a broad group of stakeholders and orchestrates work across this group – spanning engineering, communications, marketing, PR/AR, etc.
Our inclusive team has grit and heart, and we value and operate with the highest levels of integrity and trust. As part of a growth-mindset culture, we are committed to excellence, celebrate our wins and learnings as a team, experiment, roll up our sleeves to help each other as needed.
If the above sounds like you, and you are self-motivated, creative, accountable, and can operate in a fast-paced environment – we want to talk with you! This is a great opportunity to work in one of the high-profile and fastest-growing areas of cloud at Microsoft!
- Create and drive executive communications projects across diverse, global audiences by developing a clear set of plans with desired outcomes and metrics and meaningful content. Be accountable for delivering against those plans and goals, which should result in positive business impact.
- Support the executive communications rhythm and approach by creating and maintaining core content (messaging, stories, PowerPoint decks, SharePoint sites, etc.). Identify where there may be communications gaps and/or needs and work with the Communications Director to adjust plans as needed.
- Create high-visibility executive presentation decks, speeches, videos, emails, social media content in conjunction with the Director of Communications, Azure core team and stakeholders.
- Serve as key point of coordination and communication between internal teams and organizations. Create, manage and distribute internal program communications updates to ensure transparency across groups.
- Provide consulting and support to other team members for executive communications and the team’s programmatic needs as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or a related field or related work experience
- 6+ years of experience in corporate communications, public relations, journalism, or related areas leading impactful communications projects, with a proven track record of running impactful communications programs
- 3+ years of experience developing great communications for executive-level engagements, including writing: communications project plans, key messaging, email communications, speeches, event presentations, large keynote audiences, and video scripts (preferably in tech sector)
- 2+ years of experience translating complex technology topics into understandable, yet creative stories
- Exceptional writing, strong presentation skills and high attention to detail
- Business maturity, confidentiality, and experience in working with senior executives
- Positively contributes as part of a team in an evolving work environment with a can-do, learning mindset
- Experienced communications practitioner with solid experience and a proven track record creating and executing impactful, externally facing communications projects in medium to large organizations, preferably in the technology sector
- Flexible, and capable of dealing with ambiguity, change, adversity and real-time adjustments to projects and plans – under tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge and understanding of communications discipline, practices, and techniques, including strong working knowledge of communications platforms, channels, and creative content generation
- Ability to work effectively and partner with diverse groups, including executives, engineering teams, communications and marketing teams, and build strong cross-group collaboration
- Ability to comprehend complex technology topics and use strong communication skills to translate details into understandable, yet creative stories
- Passion to foster a culture of efficiency and high performance through initiatives with a willingness to try new things and learn from both failures and successes
- Systems thinking; ability to manage a high degree of complexity and to distill information into simple messages; ability to think strategically and develop processes and systems to enable the strategy
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Azure makes business possible across every industry, and every region in the world. Customers rely on Azure as their on-demand, infinitely scalable platform that powers their business applications, the lifeblood that keeps things running. Cloud technology is what makes business possible today, and Azure core technology provides the critical foundation for Microsoft’s cloud and hybrid offerings. We need an executive communications manager to work with our Director of Communications to develop stories and supporting materials for internal and external executive communications projects and engagements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.