About the job
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect around the world. We’re a human network that reaches across the globe and works behind the scenes. We anticipate, lead, and believe that listening is where learning begins. In crisis and in celebration, we come together-lifting up our communities and striving to make an impact to move the world forward. If you’re fueled by purpose, and powered by persistence, explore a career with us. Here, you’ll discover the rigor it takes to make a difference and the fulfillment that comes with living the #NetworkLife.
What you’ll be doing…
This role will serve as the Manager, Consumer Media Relations & Events, to drive Verizon’s consumer communications initiatives with a focus on national public relations campaigns and national/global tentpole events. You will play a key role in shaping the organization’s reputation and brand as part of a team of communications professionals responsible for the strategic planning, development and implementation of integrated communications plans that drive business results.
- Managing comprehensive media relations strategies for national product and service launches, as well as ongoing business priorities.
- Identifying and executing on opportunities for Verizon to increase visibility and drive customer engagement through PR and activations at major national/global events such as CES, SXSW, Super Bowl, and others.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with influential audiences including consumer, lifestyle, entertainment, and tech press, social influencers and a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Driving internal collaboration cross-functionally with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach to all campaigns and launches.
- Working with communications agencies to create and execute plans that drive business results.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Written, oral and presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree.
- Background in entertainment, tech and/or consumer goods.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing integrated communications plans that go beyond traditional public relations.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and delivering consistently high quality work.
- Effective communication skills for all levels of the organization.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Where you’ll be working
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $109,000.00 and $202,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.