- Manage proactive and reactive external communications, media relations and issues management communications to enhance Syngenta’s reputation as a top innovator and supplier of choice in Crop Protection products/services and Digital technology.
- Know and understand the U.S. crop protection agriculture business and anticipate communications needs.
- Provide proactive and strategic communications and media interview advice and counsel to regional leadership and managers.
- Develop external communications strategies/plans in coordination with the North America Strategic Communications plan and North America Crop Protection Commercial plan and ensure effective message/narrative development for business positioning and thought leadership with key audiences through trade, general and business news media and social media channels and events.
- Provide experienced guidance in managing major issues, crisis communications, and strategic messaging. Demonstrate expertise in developing strategy and implementing innovative and effective communications aimed at key audiences including news media, channel partners, growers, suppliers, legislators, regulators, communities, talent recruits, and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with the U.S. Corporate and Crop Communications Team, as well as Legal, Business Sustainability, Regulatory Affairs, Commercial, and other functions to ensure alignment of communications strategies, messages and plans, and efficient communication operations.
- Manage strategic communications resources including budget and suppliers (agencies, writers, graphic artists, video producers, etc.) to develop communications assets, including but not limited to presentations, print and digital collateral, news releases, Q&A’s, backgrounders and videos, etc.
- Represent Syngenta, and company perspective on key issues, with relevant external organizations that support our business and freedom to operate; serve as a member of relevant industry associations communications committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related discipline
- A minimum of 10 years of corporate communication and media relations experience and ability to create and implement communications plans.
- Strong writing and editing skills required. Will be required to complete a writing test.
- Up to 20% domestic travel is required for this position
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship support from Syngenta
- Track record of delivering effective communications and media relations strategies, plans and campaigns in a regulated industry to enable and support business success and protect freedom to operate and reputation management.
- Experience in communications strategy, planning, implementation and supplier management.
- Experience managing media relations and crisis communications events.
- Prior experience with agriculture communications and litigation communications ideal, but not required.
- Expertise in employing digital tools and social media.
- Experience in managing media and external communication efforts to support business and product issues, and litigation.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and processes.
- Agribusiness market and business understanding.
What We Offer:
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. Offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
Recruiter: Daniel Rey Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 31,000 employees in more than 100 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
We aim to improve the sustainability, quality and safety of agriculture with world class science and innovative crop solutions. Our technologies enable millions of farmers around the world to make better use of limited agricultural resources. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds and crop protection innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. To support this challenge, Syngenta’s US Crop Protection Communication team is currently seeking a Communications Manager based in Greensboro, NC, Washington, DC or remote for the right candidate.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.