Communications Specialist, Social Audience Engagement, Shared Services
The University of Vermont Medical Center
Remote Hybrid Opportunity
Please Note: Some occasional travel will be required to local affiliates in our Network
The Communications Specialist, Social Audience Engagement, Shared Services, is a nimble and seasoned social media strategist and practitioner who cultivates, reaches and engages with a variety of audiences across the digital social landscape to inform and engage the public while promoting and protecting the UVM Health Network. With a deep understanding and appreciation of audience, channel strategy and meaningful measurement, this individual works in close partnership with Shared Services colleagues and leadership to build a new social media practice model that aligns with overall communications, engagement, media relations and external relations strategy while enhancing our ability to create, share and amplify content across channels utilized by each of our affiliates in service of the UVM Health Network.
This individual is a data-driven storyteller, strategist, planner, tactician and collaborator– who sets clear goals for social media engagement strategy and adapts to new practices and emerging trends. Essential to the role is the ability to work in partnership, both virtually and on the ground, across the Shared Service to define and refresh social media strategy and identify objectives and the desired key results from both the Network and affiliate perspective. This individual works in partnership to build new audiences, actively monitors channels for sentiment and comment, creates a meaningful measurement discipline aligned with goals and ultimately executes the day-to-day interconnected hub and spoke operations of our social media channels. This individual also contributes to overall communications, engagement and reputation management efforts by sharing metrics and audience insights mined from the social media space.
Throughout this work, the Communications Specialist, Social Audience Engagement, Shared Services, strives to constantly exceed expectations through innovation, high-quality service and a working environment that supports collaboration, meaningful measurement, ongoing learning and professional growth. This individual is committed to advancing a culture that is diverse, equitable and inclusive for our employees, our patients and their families, and the communities we serve.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or radio/television/multimedia preferred.
- At least eight years of experience with social audience engagement in a fast-paced creative agency, corporate communications or marketing environment.
- Expert-level expertise in social media practice and trends, with deep experience in digital content creation, adaption and measurement.
- Strong project management expertise with a demonstrated ability to manage the priorities and preferences of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Expertise in building a social media engagement program with multiple stakeholders from the ground-up.
- Demonstrated success in social media strategy execution to build community around a brand.
- Proven results in crafting and executing creative social engagement campaigns to support major initiatives with measurable results.
- Highly organized and proactive, experienced in developing social media calendars, data and analytic reports, curating content across channels and measuring and acting on actionable insights to drive engagement.
- A basic understanding of boosting strategy, social media measurement, SEO, Google Analytics, content management and digital asset creation.
- Adept at building and maintaining relationships to facilitate collaborative work processes, working relationships and idea sharing.
- Experience in a high-stakes environment with the ability to prioritize a demanding workload with multiple deadlines.
The University of Vermont Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The University of Vermont Medical Center serves all of Vermont and the northern New York region. Located in Burlington, The UVM Medical Center is a regional, academic healthcare center and teaching hospital in alliance with the University of Vermont.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.