Marketing Communication Specialist
External Communications Manager
Dir, Digital Marketing
Communications and Employee Engagement Lead
Corporate Communications Manager
Marketing Content Assistant
Employee Relations Specialist
Communications Specialist II
Specialist, Global Communications
Employee Relations Associate
Associate Director of Executive Internal Communication
Corporate Communications Content Writer
Social Media Strategist & Content Creator
Community Affairs Manager
Marketing Manager – SEO
Community Engagement Specialist
Associate Director of Communications
Manager, Advocacy Communication
Lead Communications Specialist / Marketing
Internal Communications Strategist
Assistant Director of Communications, College of Arts & Letters
Director of Communications
Membership Sales Executive
SALARY: $70,000+ FULL COMPENSATION PACKAGE
LOCATION: EAST COAST OR CHICAGO AREA PREFERRED
LOCATION: EAST COAST OR CHICAGO
Director of Marketing
SALARY: $100,000+ FULL COMPENSATION
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME, HYBRID
Communications Lead, Santander Auto
Team Lead – US Corporate Sustainability and Social Impact
Employee Relations Manager
Communications Manager, Government Affairs
Global Internal Communications Manager, Worldwide Customer Service Communications
HR Knowledge & Content Manager
Diversity Equity and Inclusion Specialist
Assistant Manager, Global Marketing
Digital Marketing Manager
Crisis Communications Manager
Executive Communications Lead – Customer Success
Internal Communications Director
Senior Director, Marketing Strategy
Brand Strategy Manager
Community Affairs Manager
We are looking for an experienced professional with track record in communications, research, social responsibility (CSR) and community engagement to support the evolution of the datacenter community affairs strategy in select locations In Europe. The individual in this role will be responsible for research initiatives to create and implement community strategy plans, community communication, local government and community engagement, community development, and in select locations in Southern Europe.
- Act as a primary point of contact between the local community and Microsoft’s datacenters.
- Coordinate qualitative (e.g. community listening sessions) and quantitative data collection, and turn that research data into actionable insights to understand and prioritize community needs, as well as identify social risks and opportunities
- Use research findings and exercise thought leadership to develop location-specific community strategy that delivers on Microsoft’s mission and vision, including:
- Immediate corrective and preventive action recommendations, identifying key internal stakeholders (like Land Development, Design or Construction) to implement these recommendations.
- Local community communication plan, sharing knowledge of the crucial role of datacenters, their local value, as well as the impactful and meaningful projects Microsoft supports.
- Local social impact investment plan aligned to community needs
- Lead strategic engagements with local community groups such as municipal leaders and community based non-profit organizations to drive community acceptance
- Manage a team with country-based community engagement managers (contractors), to plan and coordinate execution of the Community Affairs plan and to be locally present, visible and approachable
- Collaborate with the global functional team to localize and implement our community research methodology, community communications priorities, as well as community development initiatives in each community.
- Coordinate activities with a broad set of CO+I stakeholders, including Land development, Research, Construction, Permitting, Engineering and Design, Energy, Government Affairs, End to End, and Operations teams as well as with local Microsoft teams.
- Measure impact mapped to the global Community Affairs scorecard and deliver a regular cadence of program updates to Community Affairs leadership team.
- International and national travel 25-30%.
- Relevant years of technology-related experience, preferably engaging with skilling and/or sustainability non-profit partners, public/ government affairs, research and/ or communications.
- Experience with construction related stakeholder management
- Experience presenting/meeting with diverse stakeholders including government policymakers, community leaders, non-profits, environmental groups, educators and school administrators, education partners and students in rural, suburban and urban environments.
- Experience in building trust with local municipality, non-profit decision makers and community members, articulating the impact of the cloud and Microsoft’s commitment to responsible technology leadership.
- Able to set clear expectations internally and externally based on community needs, available funding and timelines.
- Understanding of research methodologies, and experience in developing and sharing strategic recommendations from a broad range of data sources (e.g., survey data, social intelligence, qualitative research, online telemetry, business metrics)
- Experience with creating and implementing external communications plans, including crisis communication management, utilizing modern communication strategies.
- Ability to work across groups managing individuals both directly and indirectly, marshalling resources toward a common goal and drive for results.
- Experience managing contractors, agencies, and/or other third parties.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Skilled at prioritization, creating order out of ambiguity.
- Excellent communications skills (e.g., listening, written, oral, and data visualization)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multinational environment working across multiple lines of business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with infrastructure development and/ or construction preferred.
- Strong project / program management skills.
- Strong technical skills, understanding Microsoft Cloud offerings.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Track record of developing 6-month plans and driving them to completion.
- Able to work across cultures effectively, valuing diversity within virtual team.
- Working knowledge of international business practices.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.