Marketing Communication Specialist
External Communications Manager
Dir, Digital Marketing
Communications and Employee Engagement Lead
Corporate Communications Manager
Marketing Content Assistant
Employee Relations Specialist
Communications Specialist II
Specialist, Global Communications
Employee Relations Associate
Associate Director of Executive Internal Communication
Corporate Communications Content Writer
Social Media Strategist & Content Creator
Community Affairs Manager
Marketing Manager – SEO
Community Engagement Specialist
Associate Director of Communications
Manager, Advocacy Communication
Lead Communications Specialist / Marketing
Internal Communications Strategist
Assistant Director of Communications, College of Arts & Letters
Director of Communications
Membership Sales Executive
SALARY: $70,000+ FULL COMPENSATION PACKAGE
LOCATION: EAST COAST OR CHICAGO AREA PREFERRED
LOCATION: EAST COAST OR CHICAGO
Director of Marketing
SALARY: $100,000+ FULL COMPENSATION
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME, HYBRID
Communications Lead, Santander Auto
Team Lead – US Corporate Sustainability and Social Impact
Employee Relations Manager
Communications Manager, Government Affairs
Global Internal Communications Manager, Worldwide Customer Service Communications
HR Knowledge & Content Manager
Diversity Equity and Inclusion Specialist
Assistant Manager, Global Marketing
Digital Marketing Manager
Crisis Communications Manager
Executive Communications Lead – Customer Success
Internal Communications Director
Senior Director, Marketing Strategy
Brand Strategy Manager
Crisis Communications Manager
What’s Cool About This Job
REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, multicultural organization. To fulfill our brand promise of enabling a life well-lived outside for everyone, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
For more than 80 years, REI Co-op has been fighting for life outdoors. Our co-op structure allows us to measure success differently than most companies. We put purpose – and people — before profits and look beyond traditional business metrics to understand how we’re impacting our employees, our members and society.
This job contributes to REI’s success by managing the co-op’s crisis & labor communication programs, developing and executing holistic, people-centered communications strategies that strengthen REI’s culture and protect brand and reputation through internal or external crises.
Your experience in labor relations and crisis communications will be instrumental as you build programs, tools and communications plans to support the co-op’s employee groups and business continuity efforts. Your ability to unite stakeholders, move quickly under pressure, and provide sharp communications counsel will be key as you serve as a core member of REI’s crisis communications plan and support issues management for the co-op. You will also serve as a subject matter expert in communicating to unionized work groups as you support REI’s people-first strategy.
Success in this role requires the ability to cut through noise and quickly synthesize information to create clear and compelling communications; a sharp eye for a good story; an understanding of the different needs of diverse audiences; a belief in the power of purpose; and the ability to unite cross-divisional partners around a shared objective.
- Builds and stewards the co-op’s labor communications program, working with REI’s labor relations team to develop and execute strategic communication programs to support REI’s people-first strategy and communicate across labor groups.
- Develops holistic, integrated communication strategies and processes for labor and crisis communication programs; and trains and guides teammates in labor and crisis communications best practices
- Plans and coordinates all labor-related communication efforts, including employee engagement campaigns, employee education, and communication to unionized work groups.
- Stewards the co-op’s crisis communications program, ensuring crisis communications plans, procedures, organizational charts and communications templates are clear, up-to-date and ready to execute in a crisis.
- Provides insight and feedback to business leaders, representing the voice of employees
- Ensures communications compliance with internal human resource policies and practices, and with relevant labor and employment legislation.
- Leverages deep business understanding to identify issues, diagnose root causes, provide insights, offer recommendations, and develop proactive solutions to solve pressing business objectives through people lens
- Applies strong analytical skills and attention to detail to understand complex problems and root causes, leveraging quantitative and qualitative data to develop insights, guide decisions, and formulate solutions.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 7+ years’ experience in communications, with specific experience in crisis communications and communicating to unionized work groups.
- Strong understanding and at least 3+ years experience working with labor unions, collective bargaining agreements, and employee relations.
- Strong understanding and experience managing crisis communications plans and programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of communications principles/practices and professional ethics in a corporate or agency setting
- Proven success in developing, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating strategic, creative and results-oriented communications programs
- Strong working knowledge of communications channels and channel strategies.
- Strong working knowledge of news media operations, and ability to provide effective media relations training and counsel
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one’s own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities. Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals. Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
REI hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We remain deeply committed to making the Co-op a place where everyone can feel safe and be themselves. Join us.
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
The pay for this role is: $96400 – $154300 per year .
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the “100 Best Places to Work” list since the award’s inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.