Serves as chief communications strategist for communications related to Syneos Health’s Clinical Development organization, including internal and marketing communications. Working with senior executives, this role is responsible for developing strategy and creating compelling communications that drive customer communications and employee engagement across a global workforce of more than 18,000 people. This role will be required to create and implement integrated communications plans, including writing, editing and project management, and direct the work of colleagues from the Global Corporate Communications & Marketing team, as well as other related groups in the Company.
- Design annual integrated marketing and communications plan, inclusive of organizational transformation, Go to Market customer experiences, employee engagement initiatives and associated metrics to demonstrate activation and impact.
- Develops and implements employee engagement strategies and plans related to Clinical Development transformation, priorities and performance, driving a culture of re-imagination and customer focus.
- Writes, edits, or produces clear and concise communications that build an understanding of group priorities and employee engagement to drive employee performance and retention.
- Adapts corporate-level messaging and communications as needed to ensure line of sight from Syneos Health priorities to day-to-day initiatives within Clinical Development.
- Develops a keen understanding of organizational challenges and employee sentiments, and designs communications to meet business needs. Implements programs to gather and assess communications feedback.
- Collaborates to develop and implement customer marketing and content plans focused on innovative product offerings and tech-enabled solutions.
- Provides communications and marketing counsel to Clinical Development executives and other senior leaders.
- Works across Communications, Content, Digital, Conferences and Brand pillars to align approach, prioritization and best practice execution; partner with Regional Liaisons on execution and regional customization of plans pulled through in-market
- Supports the development of differentiating marketing messaging and programs in cooperation with Brand Management, Communications Business Partners, Media Relations and Go To Market teams.
Functional and Technical Expertise
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Communications strategy and executive counsel experience
- Strong communications strategist with experience in a global and matrixed organization
- Understanding of global healthcare trends, challenges and workforce.
- Solves complex problems and/or conducts complex analyses.
- Influence – Serves as employee communications subject matter expert with executive and senior leaders. Gains support for ideas or positions on difficult issues
- Problem Solving – Anticipates and resolves complex problems. Applies strategic and critical thinking to identify solutions to non-standard requests and moderately complex problems
- Impact – Drives solutions to meet business and employee needs across the enterprise
- Collaboration – Intense collaboration with other members of Global Corporate Communications & Marketing, Clinical Development, Human Resources, Corporate Strategy and others
- Project Management – Develop strategies and manage timelines for multi-tiered communications initiatives.
- Receives little instruction on day-to-day work
- Must have the ability to communicate directly with business leaders to represent employee communications
- Orchestrate group and sub-group executive town halls
- Contribute Clinical Development Content to Syneos Health Corporate Channels
- Assist other team members in Employee Communications & CSR team as needed with communications strategy expertise, writing and/or editing
- Travel may be required (up to 15%)
- BA/BS degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, English, or a related discipline
- 10 – 15 years of experience in Corporate Communications or Public Relations.
- Experience in healthcare preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to drive employee engagement and other business results through effective communications
- Experience in communications development for a global, diverse organization
- Delivers actionable insights to frame creative and strategic recommendations, in collaboration with the company’s strategy, agency and creative teams
- Exhibits superior writing, editing and presentation skills; project management skills; and consultative skills (including effective questioning, critical thinking, stakeholder management and communication methodology application)
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and team-oriented skills.
- Ability to act independently and proactively.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a large, matrixed organization
- Native proficiency in the English language is required; other languages a plus
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Syneos Health® (Nasdaq:SYNH) is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, strategically blending clinical development, medical affairs and commercial capabilities to address modern market realities.
We bring together approximately 28,000 minds, across more than 110 countries, with a deep understanding of patient and physician behaviors and market dynamics. Together we share insights, use the latest technologies and apply advanced business practices to speed our customers’ delivery of important therapies to patients.
Syneos Health supports a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture that cares for colleagues, customers, patients, communities and the environment.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.