Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Internal Communications Associate to help manage discourse and conversation on our internal platforms. As a company that values open, transparent and two-way dialogue, we encourage professional discussions and debate. We believe in the importance of understanding perspectives to help us in making the best decisions possible.
Internal Communication Associates will partner closely with Comms, HR, Policy and others to manage major internal channels and establish group principles to promote respect and build community among employees. Candidates should be detail-oriented and highly motivated, with the ability to think strategically, adapt quickly and work well with a team. Excellent writing skills and analytical abilities are essential. The ideal candidate will be a frequent user of Facebook’s family of products and familiar with its content policies.
- Establishes group rules for major internal channels and escalates areas of conflict or concern to relevant teams
- Supports internal communications strategy for issues impacting employees based in the Asia Pacific region
- Stays informed on external conversations about the company and trends impacting our global employee base
- Analyzes employee engagement and sentiment trends to proactively identify risks and opportunities for internal communications team
- Develops creative content to build understanding of Facebook’s external policy work and decisions
- Partners with product and HR teams to improve internal tools and training for respectful communication
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, Business, or related field
• 1+ years of experience working in Communications, Journalism, Policy or Research
• Experience writing business communications (e.g. executive emails, blog posts, press releases)
• Experience in statistical analysis, social media analytics and/or media monitoring
• Experience owning multiple deliverables and working in a deadline-driven environment
• Working proficiency in G Suite (Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets) and Keynote
• Working proficiency in Excel or related data analytics programs
• Read and write in Chinese
• Knowledgeable of APAC regional issues global policy issues pertinent to Facebook
• Experience working on a global team at a technology company
• Experience distilling technology or policy concepts into consumer language
• Experiencing managing online communities
• Fluency in Mandarin
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.