Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking an Internal Communications Lead to join our dynamic team in Los Angeles.
About Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins is a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation, and collaboration.
About the role
As an Internal Communications Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the digital strategy and implementation of innovative tools and technology that will take our internal communications to the next level. Other key responsibilities include:
- Leading and/or providing tactical support for major internal campaigns and special projects in collaboration with functional managers and internal clients
- Brainstorming solutions; generating extremely creative and engaging themes; developing messages, including written copy, visuals, and multimedia; and supporting implementation
- Building on the firm’s digital signage strategy, with a focus on creating a model that can be replicated in our offices across the globe
- Exploring and implementing other innovative and cutting-edge media and communication vehicles to capture attention in a fast-paced professional services environment, connecting the dots across a wide array of our internal clients’ subject areas — including law practices, technology, operations, attorney development, firm administration, and more
- Become a trusted advisor to Latham’s Technology Department on strategy, messaging, and campaigning around the rollout of enterprise-wide systems, solutions, and applications
- Researching internal communications best practices, trends, and technologies in order to make recommendations for new tools and initiatives; identify new communication opportunities and recommend appropriate messages and vehicles
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are highly organized and easily work under pressure; have a positive, high-energy attitude; and be ready to shift gears at the drop of a dime
- Demonstrate remarkable project and time management skills and a keen sense of how to manage competing deadlines
- Exhibit exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to talk and write tech; be deeply familiar with communications technology and tools while also having the ability to easily explain it in simple terms
- Have the ability to easily and effectively interact with people at all organizational levels of the firm
- Solve problems practically, identifying and analyzing issues to develop alternative solutions
- Work independently, but also jump at the chance to be a collaborative colleague with both your immediate team and other internal stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of (5) years of experience in internal communications project management, change management communications, marketing, or a related field is desired.
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Healthcare, life and disability insurance
- A generous 401k plan
- At least 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure
- Wellness programs (e.g. membership to HeadSpace, access to mental health services, well-being events, etc.)
- Professional Development programs
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Additionally, we have a range of diversity programming including Global Affinity Groups. These groups provide a firmwide platform to share experiences and advice as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm even better.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world’s leading law firms.
Latham & Watkins LLP is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, the Firm requires all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at the time that a conditional offer of employment is made. This policy is mandatory except for employees with a documented legally permissible exemption for not receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
Latham & Watkins LLP will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO). Please click the link below to review the Ordinance.
Please click here to review your rights under U.S. employment laws.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in 1934, Latham & Watkins is a full-service global law firm with more than 2,000 lawyers in its offices in the world’s major financial, business and regulatory centers. The founders of Latham & Watkins instilled an ethic of hard work, commitment and quality that flourishes today and has nurtured the firm’s growth into one of the world’s premier business law firms. With that growth, we have built internationally recognized practices in a wide spectrum of transactional, corporate, litigation and regulatory areas. Our success is grounded in our devotion to the collaborative process, which reaches across global offices and practices and draws upon our deep subject matter expertise, an abiding commitment to teamwork and a powerful tradition of creative lawyering. Our lawyers, paralegals and professional staff throughout the world comprise a rich mixture of men and women of different races, ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, cultures and primary languages. We are strengthened enormously by this diversity, and our commitment to diversity and equal opportunity enables us to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to recruit and retain the best lawyers and create one of the world’s leading law firms.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.