Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The role of Internal Communications Manager, US is to develop and implement communications programs and messages – including marketing communications, web content, and direct marketing – to educate and inform stakeholders, including customers, employees, trade media and interest groups.
Reporting to the Director, Internal Communications, U.S, will define and implement the U.S. Electrification (EL) internal communications strategy and programs, aligning with the larger EL business strategy and U.S. country communications initiatives. Support EL business goals, internal transformation and integration needs, employee engagement, and executive communications.
Ideal candidates for this role will be based in Atlanta, GA or Cary, NC. However, a remote option may be available for qualified candidates that are not domiciled in the preferred locations.
- Strategy & transformation: Develop and execute engaging internal communications across the U.S. Electrification (EL) business and related functions, and for full U.S.company-wide programs when needed
- Amplify communication programs from the global EL business and the U.S. communications team, localizing them for U.S. EL employees
- Provide executive communications support for select U.S. EL leaders, including messaging, presentations, video and live events
- Create and execute communication plans and messages specifically for U.S. EL employees
- Oversee and maintain digital channels seen/used by U.S. EL employees
- Ensure internal communications support for EL-related initiatives in the U.S., including change management, M&A integration, crisis, and other global programs
- Employee engagement: Increase the Electrification (EL) business leadership visibility in the U.S., the visibility of wins, and best-in-class practices for all employees
- Create and foster employee dialogue to support continuous improvement across the U.S. business
- Lead U.S. portions of EL business-wide campaigns and activities that increase employee engagement
- Identify new insights and strategies to ensure greatest impact with EL audiences in the U.S
- Support HR Communications for U.S. employees in the EL business
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferably in Communications, Journalism, or related field with 8+ years in corporate internal communications (or related) roles
- Proven track record of producing creative and strategic communications & content
- Proficient in Associated Press (AP) Style, Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge; Video editing software knowledge and Experience with communication measurement a plus
- Strong business acumen, expected to develop a deep understanding of the business, the portfolio, trends, and an understanding of the key drivers for success with
- Ability to engage senior executives with communication counsel and support and capture and communicate the voice of leaders
- Strong project management skills with ownership of large-scale projects from start to finish.
- Cultural sensitivity to communicate and collaborate across various cultures with the ability to localize global content and programs for a U.S. audience;
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB.
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Important: In order to be employed by ABB you will need to fully comply with/fulfill all local ABB employment requirements/processes.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs.
If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.