Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Communications and supporting the Chief Human Resources Officer, this role will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of the internal communications strategy. The ideal candidate is an initiative-taking communications professional with impeccable writing skills, a successful track record of creating compelling content across a variety of internal channels and knowledge with data to help advance objectives. This candidate is passionate about mining for and writing compelling employee stories for internal audiences that are engaging and help support and advance the Company’s overall business goals.
- Establish an internal communications plan in support of key business initiatives related to employees.
- Support senior executives with internal communications needs, including advancing strategy, and writing content, key messages, scripts and presentations.
- Define success metrics and use data-driven insights to help drive and adjust strategy, as needed.
- Manage editorial planning (including calendar) and programming for internal communications channels, including the company intranet and employee newsletters.
- Coordinate communications that enhance and support company cultural efforts and events (e.g., DE&I, CSR).
- Develop strategies and tactics to help promote the company’s employer brand internally across all offices nationwide.
- Contribute to efforts to reach potential employees through content creation, awards submissions and more.
- Provide strategic internal communications counsel and support for business issues, company-wide news and announcements from various departments (HR, IT, Finance, etc.).
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications to align with external content, news, messaging and trends that may impact internal communications content.
- Work closely with HR to support communications regarding policy changes, executive announcements from the CHRO, and other issues that impact employees.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3–5 years of experience in internal communications-focused roles.
- Previous experience in financial services companies preferred.
- Experience creating compelling content and campaigns utilizing a variety of tactics and channels, including town halls, newsletters, video, presentations
- Exceptional writing and copy-editing skills, and a knack for employee story mining and storytelling with outstanding attention to detail.
- Proven ability to define success metrics and measure the effectiveness of various internal communications efforts.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments on deadline, be self-motivated and work independently and as part of a team; plus, ability to collaborate, facilitate and organize across multiple groups and levels of an organization.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to provide strategic internal communications counsel in anticipation of business needs.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, and vision) that starts day one of employment
- 401(k) Match: You will be eligible to receive up to 9% of your pay (salary and incentive compensation) in company contributions. A non-elective employer contribution of 3%, plus a 100% employer match on employee contributions of up to 6% of pay.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks fully paid
- Paid time off: 20 days plus two floating personal holidays
- Matching Gift Program: Mutual of America matches donations of $25 or more to your favorite organizations
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this role. The role is also eligible for an annual bonus, whereby total compensation may exceed this range depending on individual and / or company performance.
Base Salary Range:
$80,000 – $110,000
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Who We Are:
At Mutual of America Financial Group (“Mutual of America”), our mission is to “help people build the assets they need to achieve greater financial security.” Our mission is built upon a strong foundation of integrity, excellence, and social responsibility. Since 1945, we have specialized in providing small and mid-sized not-for-profit organizations and companies with pension– and retirement-related services, along with leading customer support. We work diligently to understand the needs of plan sponsors. We provide them with competitively priced solutions so they can help their employees achieve their financial planning goals.
We’re committed to bringing talented and motivated people together to help our customers plan for a financially secure future.
Visit www.mutualofamerica.com/careers for additional details about life at Mutual of America. You can also follow us on Twitter: @mutualofamerica | Facebook: @mutualofamerica
Mutual of America Financial Group provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JB1
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.