What We’re Looking For:
At 2U, we believe in the power of higher education to unlock human potential and address society’s critical needs. The employee communications and engagement team works with stakeholders across the business to inform, inspire, and connect our passionate global workforce in a meaningful way as we work together to eliminate the back row in education and transform lives in the process.
What role will you play? You’ll be responsible for shepherding the narrative, voice, and brand of 2U with prospective, current, and former employees as well as managing the social media and digital presence of the #Lifeat2U brand. You’ll also partner with the broader employee communications and experience team to manage and facilitate strategic, well-planned, and thoughtful events across a rapidly growing, global organization that elevate the overall employee experience and engage and inspire 2U employees around the world.
What are we looking for? A strategic and creative employer brand/employee experience professional who loves finding and telling stories that amplify the unique experience of working for 2U; Someone who is passionate about employee engagement and seeks to drive connection and understanding of corporate goals and initiatives through well-planned, fun, and meaningful digital campaigns and internal events. We want someone who has found inspiration in the opportunity to connect employees globally through virtual engagement.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
Employer Brand Management
- Lead and manage 2U’s employer brand efforts, from ideation to launch, across all relevant channels
- Maintain a pulse on talent competitors to well-position 2U as a distinct employer
- Own, manage, and create content for a Lifeat2U editorial calendar across all owned channels, including third-party career sites, to deliver effective and engaging employee stories that support our employer value proposition and business goals
- Work cross-functionally and with 2U’s external employer brand agency to launch employer brand marketing strategies and campaigns that resonate with active and prospective talent pools
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to actively build candidate pipelines from recruiting events and talent market opportunities
- Manage employee advocacy program, including creation of compelling content, driving thought leadership, and evaluating impact
- Develop, launch and manage a brand ambassador program to increase employee advocacy, both internally and with external audiences
- Lead the strategy and management of Glassdoor, including employee review responses, partnering cross-functionally to develop monthly employee sentiment analysis reports for executive leadership
- Own the creation of employer brand assets and toolkits inclusive of slide decks, visual identities for employee groups (i.e. employee resource groups), and brand portal requests
- Measure and report on KPIs such as follower growth and engagement rates across all employer brand channels, identifying opportunities for growth and improvement
Employee Experience and Swag Management
- Develop and execute strategy to create magic moments and surprise and delight opportunities throughout the year for both in-office and remote employees
- Implement and manage a robust employee swag program, including orders for staff and new hire welcome boxes
- Launch and manage company swag store
Corporate-wide Events Management and Execution
- Provide planning and execution support for employee events like 2U’s annual Company Meeting, 2U Boo, and our bi-annual employee service events
- Manage annual employee awards (No Back Row Awards)
- Work with vendors and service providers to manage and deliver small and large scale details in events in a cost-effective and successful manner
- Design and implement a comprehensive employee appreciation program
Administrative & Special Projects
- Update and support the company intranet Brand Portal and events pages to appropriately communicate details to 2U employees in a timely and accurate manner
- Create insightful competitor reports, brand guidelines, community management guidelines, and content resources for colleagues throughout 2U
- Document, plan and communicate projects in a timely manner, including delivery of clear work plans/work streams with roles and responsibilities, budgets, vendor management, invoices, etc.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 5+ years professional employer brand and employee engagement experience, preferably in a fast-paced, high-change, global company
- Ability to effectively manage vendor and agency relationships
- Strong commitment and desire to positively impact company culture and provide opportunities for employees to feel connected and inspired by their company
- Demonstrated awareness of employer brand and social media best practices and trends, as well as experience implementing creative virtual/hybrid employee experiences
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and project management skills
- Collaborative work ethic and the ability to handle and incorporate peer feedback
- Demonstrated experience exercising sound judgment
- Proactive approach, seeking out challenges and anticipating issues
- Willingness to innovate and test new processes and ideas
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion, and possess a high level of accuracy with information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with all levels of management
ABOUT THE COMPANY
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.