About the job
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
We’re looking for a motivated self-starter to join our Verizon Value Organization on the newly created VVO Investment Management Operations team. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable, and work well in varying environments. You have a thirst for knowledge and unparalleled curiosity. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
- Establishing and facilitating cohesive work streams with necessary stakeholders, and provide budget/financial reporting to optimize overall marketing spend.
- Establishing and maintaining portfolio budget documentation in real time.
- Supporting month end reconciliations for the VVO Marketing budget to monitor spend against various initiatives to ensure the team is targeting monthly, quarterly, and yearly investment goals.
- Forming relationships and processing between all budget stakeholders, agencies, and VVO FP&A team to ensure cohesive work amongst teams.
- Managing internal and external operations systems: Adcomm, 1 ERP, ARIBA, Pega for 2023.
- Overseeing Adcomm and PO management – Actualizing at month end and ensuring accuracy.
- Closing all quarters within 90 days.
- Preparing investment management decks and read out’s for senior management for month end results and any ad hoc needs throughout the month.
- Assisting and supporting with future year budget planning exercises.
- Supporting all internal and external audits in regards to VVO marketing.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel approximately up to 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following…
- Excellent skills at Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite.
- Strong project management skills demonstrated by a history of on-time and on-budget launches; deadline oriented.
- Prior work experience inspiring others in work group to achieve team goals including experience with expertise knowledge transfer.
- Experience with Marketing, Invoicing, and/or financial tools at medium to large organizations.
- Experience in Finance, Accounts Payable, or a related function at a Fortune 100 company.
- Passion for driving results and innovating along the way.
- Thrive in a highly evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and balance multiple dynamic priorities.
- Strong communicator that takes initiative.
- Natural communication and partnership skills.
- Relationship driven – Strong stakeholder and collaboration skills to build credible and trusting partnerships.
- High-energy person with ability to balance day to day tactical issues and complex technical projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – deliver clear presentations and POVs.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401(k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington work location, the compensation range for this position is between $103,000.00 and $191,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.