Overview of Position
The Marketing Coordinator is involved in all aspects of communication on behalf of Razia’s Ray of Hope, reporting directly to Development Manager and working closely with the Founder and Executive Director. The Marketing Coordinator should bring creativity and fresh perspective to the Foundation’s communications and marketing efforts through developing and executing fundraising campaigns with the Development Manager, and advancing the Foundation’s social media presence, branding, and marketing strategies.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving Foundation’s online presence, including website, social media channels, and branding across all platforms
- Work closely with the Development Manager to review, edit, and format email and direct-mail communications, grant proposals, and press/media releases
- Create and design fundraising appeal themes and visuals, working closely with Development Manager on messaging and strategy
- Design and create physical and digital media materials for events and social media, including, but not limited to, compilations of existing video footage, slideshow presentations, pamphlets, brochures, and other promotional materials.
- Continually monitor/develop the Razia’s Ray of Hope internet and social media presence including the creation of video content.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Development Manager to help execute the strategic fundraising plan, including managing the communications calendar.
- Participate in regular meetings as necessary and perform other duties relevant to the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equal work experience.
- Passion for creativity, including an eye for branding and design
- Successful and proven experience with website management, creating and editing social media content, along with general tools (Microsoft Suite, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, Canva, Photoshop Suite, Google Analytics & MailChimp preferred).
- Passion for the mission, goals, and values of Razia’s Ray of Hope Foundation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-management, multitasking skills, and attention to detail with a high level of initiative and motivation.
- Ability to participate effectively in a small-team environment; this includes listening and working well with other staff, providing feedback in a respectful manner, and encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Compensation and Hours:
- Remote position, with ability to attend one-day/week in-person in Newton office preferred
- 40 hours per week, full-time salaried position. Benefits offered.
Overview of Razia’s Ray of Hope
Since 2007 Razia’s Ray of Hope Foundation has empowered young women and girls in Afghanistan through community- based education, operating a top-rated K-12 private school for girls along with a post-secondary institute for women – the only such facilities in the district. Led by the founder, president, and country director, Razia Jan (2012 Top Ten CNN Hero), the programs have been awarded many of Afghanistan’s top educational honors.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.