The Global Communications & Impact (GCI) team within Sealed Air is responsible for developing and executing strategic, integrated communications campaigns that support the company’s global narrative and reputation strategy.
The PR & Media Relations Specialist will work with the PR & Global Impact team to create content, support media opportunities and assist with managing and reporting through analytics software. This team has a heavy focus on communications related to Sealed Air’s global impact.
This is a contract position, with the potential to turn into a full-time role. The position reports to the Senior Manager of PR & Media Relations on the GCI team and will be based at the company’s headquarters in Charlotte, NC and/or remote.
- Develop and pitch ideas that effectively position the company’s narrative and reputation strategy with media
- Support media opportunities, including research, writing briefing books and interview logistics at global and regional (global) level
- Plan and write content for internal and social media channels to promote select media and external communications stories
- Manage day-to-day media monitoring and reporting through dashboards and analytics software
- Review and update media lists
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications
- 3+ years of experience in public or media relations
- Experience working with all levels and types of news media (print, digital, broadcast)
- Knowledge of media monitoring and analytics software a plus (Cision, Power BI) with the ability to turn analytics into action
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to distill complex language and topics into clear and concise content
- Ability to work well on a fast-paced team and meet deadlines
- Self-starter with a history of results
- Can work effectively with remote teams
- Previous experience in a PR agency or corporate setting
- Knowledge of ESG-related topics
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Sealed Air (NYSE: SEE) is in business to protect, to solve critical packaging challenges, and to make our world better than we find it. Our automated packaging solutions systems help promote a safer, more resilient and less wasteful global food supply chain, enable e-commerce, and protect goods transported worldwide.
Our globally recognized brands include CRYOVAC® brand food packaging, SEALED AIR® brand protective packaging, AUTOBAG® brand automated systems, BUBBLE WRAP® brand packaging, and SEE™ Touchless Automation™ solutions.
SEE’s Operating Model, together with our industry-leading expertise in materials, engineering and technology, create value through more sustainable, automated, and digitally connected packaging solutions.
We are leading the packaging industry in creating a more environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable future and have pledged to design or advance 100% of our packaging materials to be recyclable or reusable by 2025, with a bolder goal to reach net-zero carbon emissions in our global operations by 2040. Our Global Impact Report highlights how we are shaping the future of the packaging industry. We are also committed to a diverse workforce and inclusive culture through our 2025 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion pledge.
SEE generated $5.5 billion in sales in 2021 and has approximately 16,500 employees who serve customers in 114 countries/territories. To learn more, visit sealedair.com.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.