About the job
This position is responsible for supporting the implementation of Chick-fil-A’s communications and external affairs strategy inclusive of stakeholder engagement, internal and external communications, industry relations, tracking external issues that impact the business and Operator communications for Chick-fil-A’s international business. The primary scope of this role will be working with multiple different internal departments and partners to best position the business in new and emerging markets with the aim of garnering necessary local support while ensuring Chick-fil-A’s business and reputation story is told in appropriated and necessary internal and external channels.
This role will report to the Executive Director of public affairs for Chick-fil-A while coordinating closely with both the Senior Principal Program Lead, Crisis and International Communications and Senior Principal Team Leader for Reputation Communications.
The role will (1) implement Chick-fil-A’s issues management and external affairs strategy in international markets around the globe, in partnership with the appropriate Chick-fil-A department (i.e. sustainability or community engagement); (2) lead/participate in cross-functional meetings with internal partners and departments to influence both decision making and to represent views of external stakeholders; (3) initiate relationship building opportunities and host hospitality events with key local officials, trade associations, and community partners for Chick-fil-A International; (6) Develop mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders in alignment with key issues, such as nonprofits, NGOs, advocacy groups, consultants, local policy makers and legislators, etc.; (7) Develop internal communications strategies that efficiently share relevant information with necessary internal partners both domestic and international. (8) Work with local leaders and business leaders to ensure each opening of a new restaurant is a positive event for the business and the community.
Our Flexible Future model offers a healthy mix of working in person and virtually, strengthening key elements of the Chick-fil-A culture by fostering collaboration and community.
- Monitor and understand key issues on the external landscape impacting the ability and speed to which the business can expand.
- Track developments at external entities and resources such as government, academic institutions, non-profits and business organizations to ensure the business has awareness and knowledge.
- Anticipate and proactively address any key issues or opportunities.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to internal stakeholders on reputational issues facing particular markets in which Chick-fil-A International is looking to grow.
- Support planning and development of the Corporate Communications function as Chick-fil-A expands into new markets. This will include coordination between the growing International team, Corporate Communications and the various business partners those teams support.
- Develop communications content related to international expansion and operations for internal audiences, including both domestic and international.
- Support development and implementation of Chick-fil-A’s multilingual strategy, including alignment with translation agency partners.
- Help guide translation decision-making across different functions of the business, ensuring consistency, alignment with brand standards and management of related tools.
- Work with agency partners supporting Corporate Communications and Public Affairs.
- Multilingual capabilities, preferably Spanish, is desirable but not required
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.