Office of Strategic Communications & Stakeholder Engagement
Annual Salary Range for Program Analyst: $84,268 – $112,353
Annual Salary Range for Senior Program Analyst: $92,701 – $123,601
Exempt / Union Represented
Position placement in the program analyst or senior program analyst role will depend on the applicant’s qualifications and years of relevant experience. The selected candidate can be based in Los Angeles office, with a hybrid work schedule.
Who you are:
You are a digital communicator with a passion for public service. You are a strong writer and visual communicator with demonstrated experience in web content project management and social media campaigns (both organic and paid). You enjoy conceiving, proposing, and executing all aspects of integrated digital campaigns, analyzing metrics to drive improvements, and monitoring for trends, new tools, and creative tactics. The right candidate is a creative thinker with a commitment to accuracy in every detail who thrives on collaborative planning of innovative outreach efforts for multiple audiences and stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
Your responsibilities will range from making routine web content updates and creating social media campaigns to collaborative planning and implementation of broader digital outreach initiatives.
- Assists with proactive web content inventory, assessments, and revamps
- Assists office head in planning and coordination with IT on major web-related upgrade initiatives and projects
- Assists in developing and implementing improvements in web-related procedures and workflow
- Quality-checks/edits web content updates from throughout the agency
- Performs hands-on updates as needed as part of the office’s web content team
- Develops analytics reports to feed web content planning and strategy
- Maintains and improves the State Bar web style standards
- Plans, schedules, executes, and monitors organic and paid social media campaigns
- Develops social media metrics reports to assess campaign effectiveness and improve social listening/engagement
- Recommends audience and platform differentiation strategies, analyzes potential new channels strategically
You will also contribute to team projects, such as the internal staff newsletter, internal and external videos, and employee-sourced content efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent academic achievement
- A minimum of two years professional experience in communications public relations, or a related field; (for the Senior Program Analyst level, at minimum of three years of relevant professional experience)
- Strong, flexible, fast writer/editor who can create clear, concise, correct, and public-friendly written content in a variety of forms (experience in writing news releases and media advisories a plus)
- Capable and creative visual communicator who can develop and edit infographics, charts, and graphs, and oversee graphic designers
- Strong and versatile technical/digital skills including web content management systems, social media tools such as Hootsuite, graphics development/editing tools (Canva, Visme, Photoshop), PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, virtual collaboration tools, social media platforms, short-form video editing, etc.
- Knowledge of web content strategy, search engine optimization, and best practices for web content structure, writing for the screen/mobile, and effective integration between social media and web content
- Basic knowledge of web user interface design best practices
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public and internal clients/colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive matters
- Strong remote collaboration and remote working skills; excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with the State Bar of California’s mission and role in the judicial branch
- Expert knowledge of social media paid placement campaigns a plus
- Communications experience in government or the legal community a plus
Applicants will be required to submit writing/visual/campaign samples; finalists will be required to take an editing test.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Make fine visual distinctions upon proofreading written document and viewing information on a computer screen.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Possess visual capability and digital dexterity to operate a computer and other standard office equipment.
- Digital dexterity to assemble, retrieve and replace files.
- Frequent and ongoing use of a telephone and computer terminal.
Condition of Employment
Employment with the State Bar of California requires full vaccination and proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 before starting work. Exemptions to the mandatory vaccination policy may be available for a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief and must be approved before starting work.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A career with the State Bar will enable you to contribute to our vital mission of public protection. The State Bar is a regulatory agency that protects the people of California through oversight of the legal profession. Our mission also includes increasing access to legal services and furthering diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
The State Bar offers challenging and rewarding careers requiring a broad range of skills and abilities. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment that encourages work-life balance.
Apply today for a career where your work can have meaningful impact!
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.