This role will be responsible for effectively executing strategic communications plans and tactics for internal and external audiences. In addition, this position will assist with social media, content creation, media pitching and executive communications to further elevate Advocate Aurora Health. Candidate will maintain communication channels and platforms, as well as tracking the analytics for the various vehicles. Candidate will also develop content for and support day~to~day management of all communications platforms to enhance engagement and drive growth across the enterprise. This role will support communications related to our intranet sites, content development for internal newsletters, maintaining fact sheets and system-wide reference materials, developing visual and written collateral, as well as communications distribution.
- Execute internal and external communications tactics in alignment with the organization’s business goals and objectives.
- Collaborate across functions to advance our digital first communications strategy and other key initiatives.
- Craft communications materials including talking points, messaging documents, content for digital platforms, press releases, background documents, etc.
- Distribute and track metrics for newsletters, announcements and other key communications.
- Provide content, copywriting, editing and other day-to-day support for all internal communication vehicles and channels.
- Researches, writes and edits articles for the brand journalism platform. Conducts interviews with key physicians and works collaboratively to cultivate story ideas.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field, or Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations or related field.
- Experience Required: Typically requires 2 years of experience in Public Affairs, Public Relations, Communications.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong written and oral communications
- Deadline oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks and complete work accurately and within a short timeframe
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Results oriented
- Willingness to be flexible within work hours Occasional attendance at evening or weekend work-related activities
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position requires travel, therefore, will be exposed to weather and road conditions.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
- This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Advocate Aurora Health is committed to diversity and inclusion every single day and in everything we do. Diversity lives in the differences, great and small, that matter to us and make each of us unique – from our age and the color of our skin, to our abilities and the things we believe in. We know that empowering our differences inspires creativity that leads to innovative solutions – for our team members, consumers and communities. And because health care is built upon relationships, it’s important for the people we serve to be able to trust us to meet their unique needs. By cultivating an atmosphere of acceptance and compassion, we create a welcoming environment where our patients can heal, our team members can thrive and our business can grow. As a team member, working in a diverse setting allows you the chance to grow in ways that will broaden your perspective to deliver the best possible patient care.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
You’re here because you have a passion for making people’s lives better. With our wide range of careers, leading benefits, and opportunities for learning and advancement, you’ll not only fulfill that passion, you’ll thrive and grow every day. We each have a voice, and we’re empowered to use it to innovate and change the future of health care for our patients, our communities and each other. We’re a team of 75,000 individuals, with one shared purpose: we help people live well.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.