Lowe’s Foundation Communications Manager
Associate Manager, Internal Communications
Communications Manager, External (Hybrid)
Public Relations Manager
Senior Communications Manager
Internal Communications Specialist and Intranet Editor
Internal Communications Manager
Senior Communications Manager
Regional Modern Life Channel Marketing Manager
Sr Marketing Manager
Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for the execution of strategic public relations programs for CRVA brands that drive visitation, attendance and overarching awareness. The position works across the CRVA’s many stakeholder groups in an effort to ensure the success of the CRVA’s Business Initiatives, maintain the company’s positive reputation with industry partners, and enhance the destination’s awareness and perception.
Essential Job Duties
– Works across all CRVA brands to achieve public relations program goals driving success (i.e., perception metrics, ticket sales at BOplex, event programming/general attendance at NASCAR Hall of Fame) in collaboration with various business units.
– Generates content for media needs utilizing progressive trends and best practices; plugs in with integrated Marketing/ Communications team members to connect the dots on media initiatives and content generation that promote CRVA brand-related events and relevant exposure opportunities.
– Executes proactive communications plans, with direction from Senior Manager, around areas such as Charlotte Film, Charlotte Convention Center and BOplex with more industry-specific audiences (i.e., Pollstar, IAVM, NC film community and production-specific media).
– Responsible for management of media missions, media hosting, media shoots and proactive outreach activities.
– Aligns public relations efforts with social media and digital content in relation to influencer strategy, campaigns, hosting, and overall content strategy.
– Serves as a primary contact for communications stakeholders such as Visit NC and other industry partners; generates compelling content for media-centric destination and venue collateral to fully leverage media and marketing opportunities and generate positive coverage.
– Creates and delivers strategic media pitches and unique story opportunities while providing effective, frequent and positive touchpoints with national, regional, local and trade media; responds to inquiries and conducts appropriate follow up to ensure needs are being met.
– Establishes and maintains positive, collaborative relationships with public relations professionals from destination assets and CRVA Partners in Tourism; collaborates with CRVA Partnership team to share results and outcomes.
– Responsible for building brand- and initiative-specific targeted media lists, establishing and managing corresponding pitching calendars with press release and story line development and dissemination.
– Manages dissemination of news releases and media pitches for print, online and broadcast outlets; actively monitors trends, news media query resources (HARO, etc.) and editorial calendars for potential coverage opportunities.
– Assesses and anticipates the needs of travel writers and determines the level of support from the CRVA in addition to overseeing production of itineraries and handling of on-site logistics during visits and familiarization tours.
– Conceptualizes and develops itineraries for visiting media in collaboration with public relations professionals from destination assets; diligently follows up to ensure quality placements and coverage.
– Responsible for development of media resources including press kits, fact sheets, talking points, media photo and b-roll libraries, and online press rooms for CRVA brands, strategic events and key programs.
– Oversees media shoots at CRVA venues; manage communications, staffing, advance and on-site logistics and interview preparation as needed to ensure on-brand messaging and positive positioning.
– Manages media tracking, analysis and reporting using a variety of research tools including Cision, Metro Monitor, Google, and other software and websites for highlighting media results via quarterly PR Scorecard and Quality Media Score reporting. Serves as primary contact for media monitoring vendors, establishing and fine-tuning reporting frameworks and processes that meet departmental needs.
– Participates in event planning, on-site support and execution for media, community and campaign functions; will staff programs and events at CRVA venues and external locations to accommodate media relations and content generation needs, which requires coordinating interviews, event logistics, and developing messaging and press materials.
– Stays current with media tools, trends/best practices and makes recommendations for improvements to CRVA public relations and content generation; evaluates and manages vendors to effectively meet these needs.
– Contributes to corporate and internal communications such as presentations and Board reports as needed.
– May perform other duties as required to support CRVA programs and initiatives.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
– Excellent communications skills including written, interpersonal and presentations. Ability to write creatively and for multiple types of audiences.
– Strong editing for consistency, clarity, brevity, accuracy and readability across digital and print materials.
– Ability to effectively facilitate multiple projects and issues simultaneously, prioritize tasks, adhere to deadlines and promptly respond to internal and external stakeholders.
– Self-motivated, fervent work ethic and able to work independently and take direction.
– Demonstrated ability to perform and excel within an integrated, fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
– Proven ability to develop trusted and meaningful relationships.
– Must be proactive and results oriented.
– A professional portfolio illustrating previous public relations expertise is required.
– Contacts with local, regional, national or trade (motorsports, entertainment, hospitality or tourism) media or demonstrated ability to quickly gain and build media relationships.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook) and other general office equipment.
– Excellent communication skills including verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to demonstrate political savvy.
– Ability to analyze return on investment figures as it relates to departmental objectives.
– Excellent judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Innovative and creative thinker.
– Ability to maintain composure and clarity of thought and purpose when confronted with highly stressful and timely situations.
– Ability to anticipate customer needs, build positive relationships with customers and vendors, go the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs, treat all customers and vendors with the highest degree of respect and courtesy and deliver exceptional service internally and externally.
Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S. or B.B.A.) from four-year college or university in communications, journalism, public relations or a related area of study and five to seven (5 – 7) years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with public relations services such as Cision is preferred.
– The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
– Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
– Ability to travel, work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays. Approximately 5 – 10 work-related trips per year.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our “employee first” culture requires engagement and engagement can’t happen without the voices of many talented and diverse individuals charting our direction.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Who We Are
The CRVA works to deliver experiences that uniquely enrich the lives of our visitors and residents. Through leadership in destination development, marketing and venue management expertise, the CRVA leads efforts to maximize the region’s economic potential through visitor spending, creating jobs and opportunities for the community. Brands supported by the CRVA include the Charlotte Convention Center, Spectrum Center, Bojangles Entertainment Complex, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Charlotte Film Commission, Visit Charlotte and Visitor Info Centers.
New job listings updated daily. Click here to sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.